You guys need to have a look at this

That was floating around a couple of years ago...and I'm still wondering how the one guy escaped any cross fire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Just what the Doctor ordered for the adrenalin junkie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
I love the excitment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

What's the story here? It looks like an escaped zoo animal or a game park, I think I see fence line in the background. What a vido! Todd

The story is that the lion is on the outside of the fence. Farms there are fenced off to restict the wildlife from causing problems with the animals and people on the inside of the fence. That particular lion was probably causing trouble for the folks that lived on the farm.

Lucky guy!

He's lucky that the lion did not get him and he's REAL lucky that his friends did not accidentally shoot him in the din and commotion!!!!

Real eye opener!

Three 44s

That folks is a canned lion hunt. It has been around for some time. Since when do you go into the bush with a crowd of people to hunt lion?

It was most likely done in South Africa. If you notice the lion charges, but doesn't know what to do. That is a wild lion would have killed the shooter. Instead, this one knocks him down. That is because the lion had been raised around people.

It is ashame that these things go on, but they do. So, our brave hunter probably paid $30,000 to $40,000 for this so-called hunt. Too bad the lion didn't get a taste him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
The story is that the lion is on the outside of the fence. Farms there are fenced off to restict the wildlife from causing problems with the animals and people on the inside of the fence. That particular lion was probably causing trouble for the folks that lived on the farm.

Story is the operative word. It is a canned hunt.

I love hunting, but this can not do anything for the sport. I agree with 375hh, it's a pity that it did not get it's teeth into him!!!!!!!
It's so sad that anyone has to revert to this. This sort of going's on is all the anti's need in their arsenal.

Hollowpoint 22. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This type of shooting does not help our image of hunting big game in South Africa.

It is sad that “tame” lions are used for this type of shooting because it cannot be called hunting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

But have a look at the lion charge. It is incredibly fast. I really don’t want to be on the business end of a charging lion that knows how to kill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Gerhard

Seen that video clip awhile back...Pucker factor "10" for sure, on the old 1-10 scale.

I believe if those shooters, would've knelt down. Put their rifle sites on a horizontal plane, with the lion. They would've dropped that big boy, before he was able to make a pass.

Ok canned hunt can't do any thing about it now. What caliber was he shooting? Did he hit it with the first shot? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif If he did it didn't even faze him. No Doubt king of the beast......... TV Progam on Animal Planet called "Animal face Off" they bring in experts on individual animal then thru computer tech The animals face off. they say a lion will win in a fight with a Bengal Tiger. Thought that was interesting.

Back