17-223 AR15

Coyotejunki

I had a barrel set up by a gunsmith in AZ I can't name here, he's banned, but Dan has done good work for me before. I assembled the rest, so it is perhaps a Frankenstien AR of sorts. Lower is a RockRiver, Jarard trigger, PEPR mount and Leupold VX3 for glass, etc...

Anyways it is a 21", 1-9 twist, Shilen SS Match barrel, with a midlength handguard, and an adjustable gasblock. The adjustble gasblock really made it operate smoother. I've only shot 25gr Hornaby HP's out of it, and have been pleased with the accuracy. Most of my shots are 25-75 yards, and I feel comfortable out to 200 with it. "if I do my part"
smile.gif

Don't even have to tap into my supply of 25gr Berger match bullets.

I haven't decided if I am going to paint the barrel or not. I may rattlecan some tan color just to tame any reflectiveness of the SS, even though it is beadblasted.

Quote: Does yours have an adjustable block?

Yes, and it makes it funtion smoother.

Quote:Why the shorter length gas system on a 21" tube?

I just thought it looks nicer, and took some of the weight off the front of the barrel and moved it back, since I have a lighter contoured barrel. I wanted to keep the weight down. We are probably only talking oz's. I had a 17 Rem set up like this a few years back with a Lothar Walther barrel, and it was a shooting SOB.

Last edited:
Back