Sightron SI Hunter 3.5-10x50

shelton573

I was just curious if anyone has had any experience with this scope or any of the SI Hunter line? I run all vortex and 1 nikon on my guns but I have a muzzleloader sitting with no scope on it and I need to get it ready for December shotgun season. I planned on putting the nikon thats on my 223 on it and have been looking for a 3.5-10 or a 3-12 for the 223. I stumbled across the SI Hunter while looking and thought for the price it may be worth looking at especially since sightron seems to be fairly popular. The 3-9x40 and 4-12x40 version get very good reviews but would like some first hand info from you all if you have any. What would you compare them too? Do they do good in low light? Thanks!

Shelton

PS "Don't be a cheap a** and stay away from them" is a perfectly acceptable answer if they are not good scopes haha

Last edited:
I have one on my ar was going to replace it with a Leopold but its been a great scope so I left it on the fun.it very clear and holds its zero.

Thanks for the reply Lex! How does it do in low light? Is there a scope you would you compare it to? I reckon it says a lot that you didn't replace it with a leupold hah! Thanks and glad it works well for you!

Shelton

Last edited:
I have a Sightron SI 3-9x40 with Hunter Holdover Reticle on a 22 lr. It's a good scope for the money and I'd trust it over a similarly priced Simmons/budget scope any day. It holds zero, adjusts easily, and the glass is decent, works great on a 22 lr. The reticle is slightly thicker than the SII series. I'd step it up to a SII series on a serious hunting rifle for brighter glass, but the SI series is a solid scope.

I also have a SI Rimfire 2-7 fine reticle on another 22, like it a lot.

Back