Lights and mounts for shotguns??

Leadbelly

Need suggestions for lights and mounts for a shotgun. I'll be night hunting more this year and plan on buying a new shotgun and all the light equipment.
What has worked for you all, and what hasn't ?

Thanks LB

I also recommend the Beamshot RF9 mount. It is the best shotgun mount that I have ever seen or used. You just mount your light into a picatinny rail scope mount and attach it to the Beamshot mount. A light the size of the available scan lights is about perfect. I don't use a pressure switch because I can comfortably reach the tail cap switch.
I use a Remington 870 Turkey Model shotgun, thumbhole stock. The receiver is factory tapped and threaded for a rail mount. I mounted an Eotech XPS-2 on it and I am very satisfied with this setup.
I tried to use a head mounted light, but that turned out to be a real PITA. I never could seem to get the light to line up with the shotgun bead/target and I was constantly illuminating myself.
Gun mounted kill light and hand held scan light is definitely the way to go, IMHO.

Thanks for the replys! That beam shot is what I was lookin for. I might go with a pressure switch light, still browsing the boondock web site.

The Beamshot is a good choice, but I forgot to mention....You might need a 30mm scope mount, depending on which light you choose. I do know that the EWT 100, and a generic china light that I also have, will not fit in a 1" mount.

Here's my light set up on my shotgun. I got it from Boondocks last year. It's the 250 Kill light and I also go the 100 Killlight I use on top of my cap to scan for eyes. Get the Beamshot. I use 3 1/2 inch Hev-Shot and the Beamshot holds up under the recoil. My sights are EoTech and work great in the dark with the red lights.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ultramagAnyone know if the RF9 will fit on a Mossberg 935 barrel?

It should. It is a clamp style mound and it comes with assorted shims that should allow you to attach the mount to about any 12 ga. barrel.

It will fit any bbl from .79¨ to .94¨ diameter.
Mossbergs have flared bbls at the end so you would prob have to be mounted back before the flare out for the choke.

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrOriginally Posted By: ultramagAnyone know if the RF9 will fit on a Mossberg 935 barrel?

It should. It is a clamp style mound and it comes with assorted shims that should allow you to attach the mount to about any 12 ga. barrel.

935'S have a 10ga barrel,thats the problem. I'll have to measure it.

Originally Posted By: Ky ColHere's my light set up on my shotgun. I got it from Boondocks last year. It's the 250 Kill light and I also go the 100 Killlight I use on top of my cap to scan for eyes. Get the Beamshot. I use 3 1/2 inch Hev-Shot and the Beamshot holds up under the recoil. My sights are EoTech and work great in the dark with the red lights.

Sweet setup ky col! That's kinda what I'm thinking having. Still got a couple months til night season with lights starts so got awhile to get it all together.

For hunting I would be cautious with the wicked lights. 3rd shot on my 12g and it broke. Gonna tear it down and fix whatever came loose.

Originally Posted By: mjfritz07For hunting I would be cautious with the wicked lights. 3rd shot on my 12g and it broke. Gonna tear it down and fix whatever came loose.
If this is the case then you can contact me and I will arrange warranty repair. If you repair you will void the warranty.
I have never had an issue with wicked lights and recoil, but any manufactured part can fail at any time no matter the manufacture.

Also what model of Wicked light are you refering to and when and where was it purchased?

Interesting, I have shot near 100 rounds 3 inch 12 ga with Wicked 400 without a issue. How long have you had the light? Have you ever contacted wicked for a warranty repair?

I wanna say it's a 400. I actually won it last year on another forum and it was shipped by all predator calls. A buddy of mine mods lights. If it's something simple, he will just upgrade the components. If it's something major, he won't touch it and I'll be in touch with you.

I find the smaller compact XLR-100 light is plenty for shotgun distances. I scan with it hand held and then just hold it against the front stock while shooting.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
That's a good looking setup, Dustin. Be sure to post photos of the predators you drop with it.

Sure will think I found me a good splatter gun. Going to pattern her this weekend.

Back