RRA 2-stage trigger: national match VS varmint?

DiRTY DOG

I like nice light triggers. What is a better trigger? What's the difference?

RRA 2-stage match w/JP springs
Vs
RRA 2-stage varmint

I would recommend saving up and getting something better.I had the RRA NM and wasn't a fan.I have a timmney,Wilson,and Geissele and they are all worth the extra coin.

Originally Posted By: OverwatcherI would recommend saving up and getting something better.I had the RRA NM and wasn't a fan.I have a timmney,Wilson,and Geissele and they are all worth the extra coin.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

I used to be a RRA NM fan, but no longer. Geissele SSA-E is my go to trigger now.

Sendit

I have the NM 2 stage in all my ar's and I added the JP spring kit to them and have been really happy with them. But I have been looking at Geissele triggers for my next build.

IMO, unless it's a dedicated bench rifle, the RRA Natl Match is all you need. It's a great trigger for a hunting rifle. I'm running them in 3 rifles and couldn't be happier.

I have 4 AR's with RRA N M Triggers and just got a varmint one for a new light weight carry DPMS and I really like it. It's going to be a great hunting trigger. Worth the extra $20.00 but I'm not going to replace the ones that I have in the other rifles.

what is the difference with the varmint model?? does it just have lighter springs?? the RRA NM is a decent trigger. if your not a total trigger snob it works just fine and is way way better than a mil spec trigger. I am a trigger snob though I use a geissele high speed match rifle trigger. its the lightest trigger they make for an ar. mine is set 2# stage one 1# more for stage 2.

Originally Posted By: HidalgoIMO, unless it's a dedicated bench rifle, the RRA Natl Match is all you need. It's a great trigger for a hunting rifle. I'm running them in 3 rifles and couldn't be happier.

What he said

Back