CDC still not inclined to close US points of entry, director says

hm1996

Staff member
Quote: CDC still not inclined to close US points of entry, director says

Published October 04, 2014
·FoxNews.com

Federal officials confirmed Saturday that the suspected Ebola patient at the District of Columbia’s Howard University hospital does not have the fatal disease and reiterated their top priority is protecting Americans, amid widespread concerns about a confirmed Ebola case in Dallas.

Tom Frieden, director for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the federal government is looking at different safety-related suggestions from Capitol Hill and beyond, but he suggested the key is to control the deadly virus where it started overseas, not putting a lockdown on U.S. points of entry.

“Though we might wish we can seal ourselves off from the world, there are Americans that have the right of return and many other people that have the right to enter this country,” Frieden said at a press conference. “We're not going to be able to get to zero risk no matter what we do unless we control the outbreak in West Africa.”

The recent outbreak has killed more than 3,400 people this year in that region.

Frieden said Saturday that officials are “beginning to see some progress” toward controlling the outbreak, “but it's going to be a long hard road.”

The first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United Sates went to a Dallas hospital last week but was mistakenly sent home, despite revealing he was visiting from Liberia, before returning by ambulance days later.

"There were things that did not go the way they should have in Dallas," Dr. Anthony Fauci, infectious diseases chief at the National Institutes of Health, said Friday. "But there were a lot of things that went right and are going right."

Texas officials now are monitoring 50 people, 10 of whom they consider at high risk, who came into contact with the man, identified as Thomas Eric Duncan. They've had to quarantine four of them, and even had problems getting rid of the infectious waste left in the apartment where the patient stayed.

Texas health officials say Duncan is now in critical condition.

Dallas County Judge Clay Lewis Jenkins said during the Saturday press conference that he took the four to a new home where they will be quarantined for 21 days.

Jenkins, the county top elected official, urged Americans to show compassion for them, saying they are deeply concerned about the public’s health and are people “just like in your family.”

In addition to the Ebola being ruled out for the District of Columbia patient, a patient at a nearby suburban Maryland hospital who had been in West Africa and was suspected of having the virus in fact has malaria, officials also said this weekend.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/...lose-us-points/

Regards,
hm

I've read that they have a case of ebola in HI and now one in KS. They don't have a handle on it unless you count spreading it around. o stripped the CDC of it's authority to quarantine and it now lays directly in his hands. I expect him to man up and take responsibility for the deaths that result. Not really but that's where the buck stops.

Oh,well if ears says it cant happen there is nothing to worry about. And if it does get bad we have oboma care. Gives a man a feeling of security don't it.

Of course they aren't going to close the points of entry, it must come to the good ole USA so that it then becomes profitable for the Drug Companies to find a cure. They aren't gonna work on no cure for a bunch of broke [beeep] negroes, half way around the world, because it is NOT profitable. And, we will foot the bill for the billions of dollars of research that have gone and will go into discovering such, but the federal government will of course, with our tax dollars, send billions of dollars of said cure to Africa, to cure those folks over there that have a net worth of 2 goats and a grass hut, who will likely die of AIDS anyhow, if the lions and the muslims don't get them first.

Closing our points of entry is not the issue, it would take stopping all people from leaving Africa, to stop the spread of the disease. As long as people are leaving Africa, it could be anywhere in the world, You would have to isolate the US entirely, and the Democrats don't give a rat's [beeep] about closing the border, so you aren't going to stop it regardless.

Obama is hoping to knock out a large part of the White population, giving the minorities, and thus the Democrats an edge in the next presidential election.

Quote:The first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United Sates went to a Dallas hospital last week but was mistakenly sent home, despite revealing he was visiting from Liberia, before returning by ambulance days later.,,,,Mistakenly Sent Home??...Probably after the hospital discovered that he had no insurance and couldn't afford the hospital bill...Then there is the question if he actually had a valid visa to enter the United States...Haven't heard that point discussed or even mentioned...

I have to wonder if this isn't Obama's latest 'brain storm' to cause a major panic in an effort to get a reason to declare Martial Law at some point before the 2016 elections...It seems like everything else he has tried has failed to rile up the American population so far..

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEYou guys are fear mongering,the President said ebola could not get here....so knock it off..

Yeah right, Obama doesn't want to admit that his administration has fell down on job over the ebola thing. I suspect that at some point in time, he will blame it on George Bush.

Originally Posted By: kymailman98Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEYou guys are fear mongering,the President said ebola could not get here....so knock it off..

Yeah right, Obama doesn't want to admit that his administration has fell down on job over the ebola thing. I suspect that at some point in time, he will blame it on George Bush.

Ah yeah, I was being sarcastic, he also said we could keep our doctors!

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleIt seems like everything else he has tried has failed to rile up the American population so far..

me and everybody i talk to is riled up. but we are still the minority and nobody who is anybody cares that we are riled up.

I have to wonder what the underling reason was for obama to strip the CDC's authority to quarantine over 4 years ago? This whole episode with ebola and the communicable diseases crossing our Southern Border is being handled politically and without common sense or scientifically proven methods. There is no honesty coming out of this inept administration and I can't think of one thing it has done that was a positive for the USA.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtle,,,,Mistakenly Sent Home??...Probably after the hospital discovered that he had no insurance and couldn't afford the hospital bill...Then there is the question if he actually had a valid visa to enter the United States...Haven't heard that point discussed or even mentioned...

"Mistakenly sent home" explained here OT... http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...785#Post2726785

The Doctor wasn't aware he had just arrived from Africa. The nurses were; but the doctor wasn't. We can thank Obamacare.

Also bless their hearts for not wanting to spoil the vacation plans of any ebola victims, especially since it's likely their last....

Back