Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10×50 Multi-x Opinions

FairChase93

I really wasn't planning on making any big purchases anytime soon, however an opportunity has just arose for me to purchase a used scope/rifle combo from a friend for a very good price. The rifle is something I know I want and I know what the value is so what I'm wanting to know is if somebody has first hand experience with this scope and what a relative used value would be?

Sarcasm? 4.7 out of 5 stars on Cabelas. I've read the reviews on the retailers websites. I don't tend to put much stock in them, too many 4 and 5 star review for Simmons and Tasco.

Originally Posted By: FairChase93Sarcasm? 4.7 out of 5 stars on Cabelas. I've read the reviews on the retailers websites. I don't tend to put much stock in them, too many 4 and 5 star review for Simmons and Tasco.

Guess I looked at the wrong scope?

Midway has it listed at around $500, and that's a fairly expensive piece of glass in my book. Higher priced scopes are usually a good bet for quality. Only 1 review for that exact model, so I guess that's not a good representation of the product.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/991694/...=ProductFinding

Last edited:
This is a link to the reviews I was referring to. Granted it's for the entire line not this specific model. I'll get a chance to look it over tomorrow night. Haven't actually seen the setup yet. It is supposed to be a model from when they were still called the 4200 series. It was manufacturered in Japan and in my past experience most Japanese made optics have been pretty dang good.

http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/711020/bushnell-elite-4200-riflescopes-reviews/reviews.htm?page=3

I have an older Elite 4200 4-16x50 SF. It is one of my favorite scopes and every bit as clear as some of my much more expensive ones.

I have several of the older Bushnell 3200 Elites, and they are my favorite scope. I have shot a rifle that had a 4200 Elite and it was very good piece of glass. I would love to find another 3200 or 4200.

I have a 4200 2.5-10x50 with the firefly reticle that I use for night hunting. The optics are very good on the 4200 line of scopes but lack other features. Guessing the used value at around $250.

I have four 4200's in different configurations and have been very pleased with them all. The 2.5-10x40 was my go to scope until they discontinued them. No idea on used price.

Nice scope, and the 50mm works super well at night, you'll see anything you put a light on, and at dusk or sun up they are great.

Use it a bit and see if you still want to sell it, unless you got the rifle to sell.

Well I finally got to put my hands on this combo tonight. I got some mis information as this scope is actually a 3200 series not the 4200 series that I was originally told. I still got a fair deal on the combo although it is slightly disappointing that the scope was not quite what I thought it was going to be.

Back