timmney 3# trigger in a sr-556

Originally Posted By: foxhunter1ok what about the cmc and pof triggers?.

All will work if the AR15 platform rifle uses a standard fire control group (like your SR-556 will)

Between those 3 here's our sales break down:

#1: Timney 3LB Trigger

#2: CMC 3.5LB Trigger

#3: POF 4.5LB trigger w/ KNS Pins

The Timney is by far the most popular. The CMC is a good value and also popular.

The POF is a good value, although some customers prefer a lighter trigger. The POF users tend to be more AR10 users since the 4.5lb trigger will set off the 308 primers consistently whereas the 3LB Timney isn't always as reliable on the AR10 platform.

The Hiperfire 24E triggers are also a nice option with 3 trigger pull weights (2, 3, & 4LB) that you can choose from with the included springs. The Hiperfires have been really solid sellers, although most of our customer base is typically more of the competition/long-range crowd.

The easiest to install would be the POF and CMC triggers as they use included anti-walk pins for install. The Timney has set-screws that push off the bottom of the lower receiver to keep tension on the pins which take a couple minutes to install. The Hiperfire installs more like a traditional fire control group so isn't hard to install but will take a few minutes to install.

Last edited:
That's a great price on the Timney
wink.gif

I have the Timney in an AR chambered in 204 that I built. Love that trigger. Haven't put a lot of rounds through it yet....but the trigger feels very nice. I also have a couple of Geissele triggers in AR's. The Geissele's are also very nice triggers. Just more of a "combat" trigger. Still very smooth triggers though.

I have a pair of Timneys and a pair of BTE's. Both excellent but I feel like the BTE is just a bit crisper. I'll be getting a couple more BTE's in the near future.

Greg

Last edited:
I put one in my POF a few months ago that Jo Bob's gave me a great deal on but haven't had a chance to rock some rounds through it. I like how light it is.

I have one in my new rifle. So far I like it.

My RCBS trigger gauge says it's actually breaking right at 4 lbs, possibly that may reduce with more use. I only have about 60 rounds through the gun so far.

Even if it doesn't I'm not bothered by this. Could be my gauge is off. Regardless, it breaks clean & for a hunting rifle I don't want it too light any way.

Back