I want to trap! (new guy) in AZ

Chevota

Hi, Ive been more of a lurker on this forum, but I really appreciate everyone's help and advice. I have recently thought about trapping. I am in southern AZ and have read the regs to find out that on public land I can only cage trap. This is a little disappointing, but I am still very interested. I have mainly been just an occasional predator hunter and have only killed coyotes and a handful of bobcats (called a lot of fox but no kills). My interest now would be mainly in trapping bobcats and/or fox specifically. I understand that I need to take a trapping course and get a number to be legal. Is there any advise any of you would be willing to share given my location and lack of experience? I have looked into the cagingbobcats.com camtrip cages and briarpatchcages.com. Both seem well built.... a little pricy, but I get it. Any comments towards either of these companies or their designs? I understand the season is quickly approaching so I would like to get headed in the right direction. Do most setups use a bait and a scent? Visual attractant as well? Again, I am just trying to find out information. I have read, and will continue to read what I can on the subject.... I am asking you folks that are a lot more knowledgeable for some input. Thank you very much.

Its pretty late in the year but there still may be a trapper's ed class in PHX. or Mesa. I am located in SE Arizona. I have some trapping experience. If you would like some help contact me via pm.

Brent

Back