AR Buffer Tube

GrubbyBoy

Hi all, I have started building my first AR in 6.8. I have the lower receiver put together and I am looking to or base the extension tube and stock. I have a nice gift card for cabelas and will be in the area of one next week.

I am looking at buying the following Buffer kit

It says it is for a slide fire stock, I am wondering if anyone can confirm that this is a kit that will be good and also work with a magpul adj stock.

Any suggestions or feedback would be helpful.

Regards,

Grub

Last edited:
While only a couple of issues can cause friction or sticking with your stock on an AR-15, it is most likely a problem with your firearm’s buffer tube. While only a couple of issues can cause friction or sticking with your stock on an AR-15, it is most likely a problem with your firearm’s buffer tube. To avoid these issues, Slide Fire® recommends using mil-spec buffer tubes since some commercial tubes have slightly different dimensions,

from their website, they dont mention "their" buffer tube just milspec so as long as your stock is milspec you should be ok.

Thanks for the reply. I was assuming that.

Also, anyone have experience with this buffer kit. There was only one review and that makes me a little leery even though it was a positive review.

Thanks again,

Grub

The Q&A in your link asks and answers a question of compatibility with the Magpul MOE adjustable stock with, "The Slide Fire Mil-Spec Conversion Kit, item IK-231365, utilizes a carbine buffer spring tube with the military-specification diameter. It is fully compatible with other buttstocks that use that same diameter buffer tube."

I'd ask Cabela's if they'd take it back if it was installed and didn't work out - based on the answer they published in their Q&A.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: willy1947

Waste of web space!

Thanks for your insight...

Anywho! It is a true Mil Spec stock. It wi work with any mil spec diameter butt stock. It's a good kit. Go for it.

I appreciate all the feedback. I was hoping someone would have already purchased this kit. Only 2 reviewers on Cabelas was not good enough for me. I went to a local shop and bought a Tapco kits and it is perfect. Also comes with the dual sling.

Thanks again,

Grub

Back