Ruger Mark II .22LR suppressor questions

Todd M.

I suddenly got the bug to suppress my MKII. I know the very basics (legality, technology, etc.) but no more. My Ruger is the 6 7/8" bull barrel government target model (blue) with adjustable sights. It's really a sweet shooter already, with a trigger job and laser grips installed. Is the common technique to replace the barrel with a new integral suppressed barrel, or is it possible to get the barrel threaded and use a threaded unit? Any feedback regarding price/function/specific manufacturers? Anybody here have a suppressed Ruger MKII ? Thanks for any info you can throw my way. Todd

Very seldom do you see screw on suppressors for .22 rimfires anymore. Generally, the suppressors for what you speak of are built using the existing barrel. However, some mfg'ers have these barrel units already made up and will replace yours with one of those. Check with your mfg'er to see what can be done. If I had a real shooter, I would just purchase another model that was suppressed already and not mess up a good shooter.

Last edited:
I have a friend in North Dakota that is a Class III dealer and makes suppressors. One of his common conversions is a MK II that he turns down and ports the barrel on. After that he builds the suppressor over the barrel, when it's done it looks just like a bull-barrel MK II. The internal porting puts a standard .22 LR out just below the speed of sound so you don't have to buy special ammo. I have rabbit hunted out of a pick-up with one of them and they are really quiet!

If you want to get in touch with him, PM me and I will line you up.

A friend of mine has a BUckmark and MK II with integral AWC suppressors. These things a spooky quiet with Eley ammo. From 3 or 4 feet I could hear the action cycle. I think they are in the $750 - $900 range plus the $200 tax stamp of course. I'm paying off my suppressed 10/22 in the next week or two then I'll probably start saving for a suppressed MK II. My first suppressor was for a 223 and I'm not sure that was the best choice. I'd rather have a 308 can. I think that may be in my future as well.

Do you guys have any pics of these? I remember hunting with an older gentleman who had a suppressed .219 Zipper. This old boy hunted coyotes into his 90's...I can still picture him walking back to the house with a white bed sheet draped over his body in January with the temps well below zero..what a tough ol' bird.

I've never owned but have shot suppressed firearms in several training courses. With a Ruger 10/22 the loudest thing was the sound of the action "clacking" back and forth. Suprressed .223's and .308's were fun, but the most fun was the H&K MP5's! Now we're talking full auto fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Suppressors are a common thing over here buddy, i suppress everything i have. Over here we generally use a screw on mod, and the best available is the ASE Utra check this site www.jacksonrifles.co.uk or it could be .com they are the best. My last fully suppressed ruger came from my friend roger at www.rimfiremagic.co.uk i,m sure he could supply you with a bolt in match, shortened barrel, complete with the full suppressor, it goes all the way back almost to the reciever, and as you have a bull barrel on yours already, you would probarbly not have any inletting to do, these conversesions are really quiet, and the gun just looks like a bull barrel. Give him a call, he is the recognised expert on 10/22,s in the uk, and a real friendly meticulous fella.

Thanks guys for the info. I've found a couple sources for replacement barrels (with integral suppressors) that are in my budget. One guy in the Portland area (Revelation Arms out of Aloha Oregon) is close by and has reasonable pricing. I'm about to put a house on the market and am contemplating rewarding myself for a job well done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Todd

Back