Burris MTAC 4.5-14?

HunterTanner

Anyone have this scope? It is on a pretty good sale right now (300 rather than the original 550) so I was wondering if it is a good scope. Thanks in advance!

I just picked one up last night and mounted it on a Ruger American in 223. I gave a lot of scopes a hard look but kept coming back to this one. The glass is quite clear for a scope in this price range. I'm planning on doing a review once I actually get to take it to the range.

A couple things right off the bat, it is a bit heavy at 17.3 oz and the objective bell is quite large even for an AO scope. Overall though I started off with about ten scopes and through process of elimination settled on this one.

Having not actually got to use this in the field yet that's all I can offer however initial impressions have been very good.

Well we will have similar setups it sounds like. I'm thinking on going with the Ruger American Predator in 22-250 mounted with this. How do you like your American (or is that new too?)? Thanks for the info!

I've been doing quite a but of shooting with it and it has quickly become my favorite scope that I own. It has better glass than all of my Vortex scopes and tracks exactly like it is supposed to. I would not hesitate to buy one if I were you. Just my opinion of course somebody else may have had problems but for a sale price of 300 bucks I don't think you can beat it.

I actually think I might buy another one while they are still on sale.

Last edited:
I have a friend that has a burris 4.5-14, im not sure the model but I know that is has the mil dots or whatever burris' name for them are, I know the scope he has is at least 5 years old. do you scope guys know if this would be a similar scope to the MTAC? he was looking to sell the scope for $150... im not a scope guy at all so I could use some help on this one

Any chance you can get more info? 5 years old and for 150 bucks I would geuss it could be a Fullfield II with a Balistic Plex reticle. Mil dots are an industry wide term and have nothing to do with Burris. It is a specific reticle design. Could you be refereeing to Balistic drop marks?
That is just a shot in the dark though. If it is the Fullfield it is really not anything like the MTAC. But once again that is only based on the age and the price.

I wouldn't take the price into consideration as I am getting the "friend price" he is in Colorado bowhunting elk at the moment but that is all the information I have it this time,

Glad to see you guys like it, as I bought it last night. For those interested, they are on for $300 at Cabelas right now and I got a coupon in the mail for 45 bucks off a $300 purchase, so I ended up getting it for even less. I liked it in the store, and will probably put it on a Ruger American Predator 22-250 which I hope to purchase soon (I'm 16 so I need to save a little more first). Thanks for all the input guys, I'll give a range report on gun and scope when I can.

Back