Fellow Massachusetts hunters

Originally Posted By: masshunterCongrats ! They make a beautiful mount. Post a pic when you get it back.

It wasn't mine, I wish! He was mounting for someone else. The mount was of it stretched out catching a pheasant, if I see it done I'll get a picture.

Just got this one on game cam. Going to give him a call when season opens back up. Same tactics as calling in a coyote?

[image]http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Erik-NES/media/IMAG0176_zps6e45363b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0[/image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MAHntrJust got this one on game cam. Going to give him a call when season opens back up. Same tactics as calling in a coyote?

IMAG0176_zps6e45363b.jpg.html

Nice looking cat!

last year was my first coyote season. I saw so many coyotes while deer hunting I decided the pack needed culling. I'm inside 495, west of Boston. I got two in early January using my FoxPro call but had a hard time getting them to come in after early success. Any advice on how best to call with an electronic caller? I think I'm overplaying the sounds. I found coyote pup in distress and rabbit distress worked the best. I don't use any scent or bait.

Hi Mass team...wraping up summer here in S.Dartmouth. Some awesome tuna fishing over the last few weeks for sure with some bigeyes and yellowfin. Starting to think about deer and dogs.... Have been out a few times this summer and stuck at 13 coyotes down. Hoping to pick it up again as deer season comes on. Anyone doing well??

John

Originally Posted By: magurohunterHi Mass team...wraping up summer here in S.Dartmouth. Some awesome tuna fishing over the last few weeks for sure with some bigeyes and yellowfin. Starting to think about deer and dogs.... Have been out a few times this summer and stuck at 13 coyotes down. Hoping to pick it up again as deer season comes on. Anyone doing well??

What state you been hunting coyotes during the summer
John

Hi Mark2 It's open year round in Rhode Island which is just down the road....Deer season is now open as well, though I must travel to Iceland for work this week so will not get to that program till I get home.

Good luck to anyone who's planning on going out tomorrow, i'll be out at sunrise. I haven't been impressed with the sign I've seen this year compared to previous years, maybe last winter was tough on them.

Called in a cat second stand of the day... Go figure. Turned the sound off and let him hang out for about 20 minutes until he eventually left the area. I'll be back for him.

LOL ,that is the way it goes!!Cats are a trip, everyone I have ever called I was using coyote vocals! They are kind of nuts,I like to switch sounds and goof around with them...

Last edited:
Cat must have been hanging out in the thick scrub against the swamp no more than a hundred yards away. Started off with coyote howls with larueminatis shockwave obviously did not phase him but the rabbit distress had his eyes wide and he wanted what we were selling. Had to sit still for almost half hour as the massive male was only about 40yrds away from me...let's just say if larueminati didn't start making noise up above on the hill to distract him from seeing me the bobcat would have easily won the patience game. Gorgeous animal took his number and hopefully we can phone him in again this winter

Got my first coyote of the season yesterday, female, very small, under 20 pounds I think. Huntington. Looking for bears starting Monday, may call in some more when I try to call a bear. Can't find any beechnuts anywhere, so maybe the bears will be more receptive to calling.

first of the season! calling in western, ma with LARUEminati around 3pm windy rainy day about a minute not even into eastern cotton tail dist after we walked up on a still steaming pile of scat. ran from the tall grass behind the swamp and marsh right towards me head up ears back full jog. made it to about ten yards to my right before catching hevi shot to his head. big male weighed 41 lbs after draining all night.

Are we allowed to use a shotgun for hunting coyotes during deer archery season? I didnt think you could use a firearm during archery so havent tried for any yet, but if thats not the case maybe ill give the coyotes a go this week

Back