Wyoming Big Horn Basin?

DoubleCK

We left the ranch on Monday. Settled into a good camping spot in the Big Horns. Got dumped on with 10" of wet heavy snow. Got things dried off, folded up and came off the west side. Found a great little camping spot in Greybull, Wyoming.

Got a few good tips on some country to call this weekend while we wait for things to clear off in the Bighorns. Anyone know someone round here who might want to share a stand or two with Tucker and I?

I do! I do! (Raises hand, waves furiously)

However, I have to pick up the boss at the airport as she returns from her week on the beach in NC.

Can't make it, Craig.

Another time my friend.

Any time John. When it dries up some on the hill I have a loop picked out that should be CrackerJack! Been some of the big boys spotted there.

If you go through the heights in Greybull and cross shell creek you will be on the haul roads behind the bentonite plants. There is a lot of good calling to be had there. If I was over there I would take you personally.

Chris

Dang I envy you guys!
My wife and I made the trip across the mountain and down Shell Creek Canyon on a road trip a couple of years ago. That's some beautiful country.
Good luck!!
thumbup1.gif

Sometime when you know your headed this way I would go with you. Was at a horse sale today and have to pickup irrigation pipe tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: colsonIf you go through the heights in Greybull and cross shell creek you will be on the haul roads behind the bentonite plants. There is a lot of good calling to be had there. If I was over there I would take you personally.

Chris

Thanks for the tip Chris. We will see if we can find it.

Chris, We found the Haul Roads and made a couple of stands. Called in a pair that wanted to work the dog, but not real hard. I missed one. )-:

Thanks again.

Originally Posted By: JCLSometime when you know your headed this way I would go with you. Was at a horse sale today and have to pickup irrigation pipe tomorrow.

JCL, We will do it. Where in the Equality State are you located?

Originally Posted By: 5spdMe me me....That would have to be at the end of the month though as I took all off Oct as usual for vacation.

Hey Jim! Not sure where we will be at the end of this month. All depends on the weather. If it holds we have a spot picked out just South of Jackson. Got a tip from a friend on some of the larger species of Wyoming Predators. I would like to call one in after the NPHA contest starts, but don't tell anyone. LOL

If the weather turns on us we may be as far south as Lake Powell by then.

I will call you.

Jim,
I thought I had your number in the old "WYO Get Together" contacts file. But you didn't list it.
seven 5 II 538O
Craig

Craig, hope to touch base with you while your here. I have 2 more days in Basin then i'll be right at 50 miles up the Greybull river from where your at right now. That would be interesting to let Tucker and Tikka see each other again, it's been a long time.

I miss the Big Horns. As a kid I spent most summers with my grandmother up in Sheridan. Used to go up to the Big Horns with my uncles and sometimes with the scouts. I havent been up there in a very long time.

The Big Horns are nice. Great country with lots of access. But with the Apex on my mind it's hard for me to look back toward the east. (-:

We ran over to Cody today to check with the G&F, pick-up some BLM Maps and get or dose of Tourist Flavor. Had a nice visit with WyoYote and his Lovely Bride. He broke his ankle yesterday chasing those pointing dogs around the sagebrush. I guess he won't be dragging me around from stand to stand this trip. I must be H.ell to get old. LOL

Did get some good tips from several sources though! Got a plan.

JCL, if you can figure out my secret coded phone number above, give me a call.

Craig

Back