Ended (SPF): Frenzy Pup howler & O-R Distress Set

canislatrans54

This morning, I have a 2-call set that I would like to auction off.

Starting off the set, is one of my little "Frenzy Pup" howlers.

....For those unfamiliar with these, I have designed them to do YOY/pup vocals (howls/yips/yelps/barks/pup distress/ect).
NO adult vocals on these!!
The smaller ones (such as this one), in a pinch, will also do all of your basic prey distress sounds that many variable-pitch calls will do...

This little howler uses a molded RR1 1/2" toneboard, with a hand-cut "Frenzy" style reed (an old TT reed design), of .010" mylar.
The call measures a mere 5-1/4" in length, with a bell size of 1-3/8" OD.

Rounding out this set, is a nice little open-reed distress call...variable pitch, of course.
It also uses a molded RR1 1/2" toneboard.
However, it is voiced with a slightly different designed reed, of .0075" mylar.
This call has a sweet, crisp/clean high-pitch tone quality near the tip end...mid-range is closer to a "normal" pitch tone...with the lower third of the reed having a really nice "rasp".
I have one of these in my personal collection, and find that with just a very small amount of practice (learning where the sweet spots are), this call can be one of those "go-to" calls in your arsenal.
The call is a measly 3-1/8" in length, with a 1-1/8" bell.
And the interior of the call is step-drilled.

Both of these little calls put out some super sound!!!
smile.gif

Let's run the auction until 9:00am CST on the morning of Wednesday Sept 24th. This auction has ended. Thanks guys!!

Here's a short little sound video.
I apologize for the quality.......

Last edited:
I love how you do videos to demonstrate calls. I'm going to hold out to bid on these but they sound great and I really like the loudness in such a small call.

Originally Posted By: JoshuaNI love how you do videos to demonstrate calls.

Joshua, you can thank yourself & the other members here for me doing those sound vids.
I had done a few a couple of years ago, then took a hiatus on the call making thru 2013.
When I was able to get back into it this Spring, I asked folks here if they wanted me to go back to doing them, and viola!!
grin.gif

I just wish I had something better to record them on, than my little Kodak digital camera.
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: canislatrans54Originally Posted By: JoshuaNI love how you do videos to demonstrate calls.

Joshua, you can thank yourself & the other members here for me doing those sound vids.
I had done a few a couple of years ago, then took a hiatus on the call making thru 2013.
When I was able to get back into it this Spring, I asked folks here if they wanted me to go back to doing them, and viola!!
grin.gif

I just wish I had something better to record them on, than my little Kodak digital camera.
blush.gif

For the purpose the camera is working just fine. Your neighbors must love you, LOL. Keep up the great work and hopefully I can win some of your calls. Cheers.

Got them today both sound great but the distress sounds really good again my little grandson has already tested both and he approves lol. Thanks.

Back