FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

Thanks Will.. I haven't heard TT for a long time.
Many years ago in a land far away, I had a beer or 10 with her and some friends on the west coast after a show. My buddy was the music director at the local country station, so I did get to meet a few of the wild ones, and she was definitely a wild child. Too bad she turned into something other than that. Drugs will sometimes do that to a person.

Here's one of hers that I really like.

You're welcome, sir.

I saw her in concert one time...at the American Royale in Kansas City in 1976, I think it was.
Even though she was a little older than me at the time, she was one of my earliest "crushes". Hahaha
Always loved that voice!

Doing my best to stay up late. Heard this on dish, while prepping brass...couple hundred pcs. down and a few more to go.
[video:youtube][/video]

Nice tune, Hooked!
One of the many, many classic tunes from my very young days, that I have forgotten about.
When that concert was recorded, I was a mere 7 years old, and still trying to understand what music I liked & disliked. Hahahahaha

Originally Posted By: canislatrans54Nice tune, Hooked!
One of the many, many classic tunes from my very young days, that I have forgotten about.
When that concert was recorded, I was a mere 7 years old, and still trying to understand what music I liked & disliked. Hahahahaha

Thanks Will; I had kind of forgot about our age difference..slight (I would have been two)...
Trying to understand what we like/dislike, reminded me of a friend that thanked me for my influence in his life. My friend (still in contact from 1980`s), thanked me for both musical and automotive choice influence...not certain what music they listened to, but I turned him on to some Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath etc.and his other friends at the time drove a Ford Maverick...my friend Bill ended up with a `69 Chevelle SS 396...hehe..

My musical tastes have always been so convoluted that none of my school friends (of whom there weren't that many) could keep up with me. Hahahaha
For example: One friend only liked whatever the "current" country was at the time; one friend liked what is now referred to as "classic country", with a side dish of '60s "oldies" such as the Beach Boys, the Four Tops, ect; and one other friend I remember only liked stuff from Skynyrd & Molly Hatchet.

Whereas myself...In the matter of just a few songs, I could go from Ernest Tubb...to Sabbath...to Manilow...to the Beatles...and back again.

Cars & trucks, were the same thing.
One guy only like Fords.
One only liked Chevys.
One liked Mopars.
And me...If it was a pickup, it was Chevy all the way. (Ironically, now I drive a Ford.)
As for cars...as long as it was either a muscle car, or some sort of "hot rod", I didn't care.

Back