flextone ground grunter idea

22cat

its simple and i like the idea. what do you guys think? of course ... im not really looking at the idea of using it for deer hunting. im thinking more of something for turkey and predators to get the sound away from you. since here in nc we can only use e-calls for coyotes and crows.

If you want to use it for Turkey Hunting - I've discovered the Flextone Thunder Cluck and Purr fits inside the Ground Grunt'R chamber. You unscrew the bell, pull out the grunt call and stick the turkey call in... May want to purchase longer hose lengths though... but it works amazing!

Also - since e calls are not legal for deer in most states, it works great using the deer grunt call in the grunt chamber and run it out to a decoy. Pretty sweet.

This is just my opinion, since I have only heard it used in youtube videos from the '14 SHOT show.

Unless your hunting predators or turkeys from a tree stand or other elevated platform, I wouldn't waste the money.
In the "grand scheme" of things, when calling coyotes, IMO, having the sound of a grunting deer coming from 30 feet from the caller doesn't help much if the guy calling is also the shooter.
Thirty YARDS might be a different story.
Also, while I have used both fawn & doe sounds to call in coyotes, I have never heard of anyone using buck grunts. But what do I know. Hahahaha
grin.gif

I will admit that the sounds I have heard come out of the Ground Grunt'r sound a whole lot more realistic than the howls that the founder of Flextone, Tom Wiley makes with the Coyote Rage closed-reed "howler".
tongue.gif

('Course, Mr. Wiley is also the same guy that states that open-reed howlers are quote: "REALLY difficult to master".)
crazy.gif
confused.gif
grin.gif

Back