Copenhagen

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyDay number 641, saved $1602.50 so far not buying that crap.

Chupa

$1602.50 ?
Big dang deal.
I still got my lower lip!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: mbaysinger89Awesome post, convinced me to flush my last cans down the toilet. Here comes day 1.

Best of luck to you man! It ain't easy but nothing worth doing ever is so stay strong and everyone from PM is here for ya!

I quit cold turkey over 3 and a half years ago (after chewing a lot daily for years and years). Then about a month ago I up and decided I wanted a cigarette so I pulled into a gas station and sure enough they had a pack of Lucky Strikes, three cigarettes later I was chewing Cope Snuff again. I went a month, they by chance I saw my closest friend in the whole world (we see each other maybe once every few years or so). The day after seeing my friend I remembered why I'd stopped so I had to dispose of my stock.

Sometime tonight will be the 72 hour mark. Scared myself how fast it came back and how much I liked it. Figure I'm done for good this time.

Those little cans rolling down a hill would have been a fun target if I wasn't so mad at myself for starting up again.
IMAG0408_zps9f8926ba.jpg

Day 31 it's been alot easier this time but I still have a long way to go. Hunting season is always the tuffest time for me.

Originally Posted By: N8WillDay 31 it's been alot easier this time but I still have a long way to go. Hunting season is always the tuffest time for me.

I'm the same way man. Go get you a can of Smokie Mountain chew for when you're on stand and such. There is no tobacco or nicotine in it, it's just corn silk and cayenne pepper. But it really helps with activities that you're used to having a dip to perform. I still have to use it to fish or play golf.

Chupa

I made it a year July 3rd. I used the [beeep] out of gum. Now I'm off the gum as well. Good luck and congrats to anyone who's made it even a day without.

I'm lucky - I tried like the dickens to chew when I was a teenager,and I'd puke so bad everytime, I just couldn't get my stomach to stay down with the stuff. Smoking the same - makes my sinuses go ballistic everytime I try it. Now if someone is putting a chew in next to me, adn I catch a whiff, my gut jumps! And I've watched more than one friend rot away from cancer due to it. Just ran into my best friend's brother - has cancer from chewing and starts chemo soon. Please stop guys - life's too short as it is.

Thanks for posting, I am 63 years old and have carried a can of cope for many years. You guys have helped me more than you will ever know. I have been tobacco free since June 28, 2014

Chupa, that Smokey mountain is a life saver, Im a lineman by trade and I think it is mandatory for linemen to chew. When the call comes at 2 am that is when I have always given in. But the SM has saved me 3 times in the last month.

Look up pictures of chew related lip and mouth cancer, then statistics on how many people who chew get it....

...if that doesn't do it all I can say is that you're bringing it on yourself, hope you have good health insurance.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: ChupathingyDay number 641, saved $1602.50 so far not buying that crap.

Chupa

$1602.50 ?
Big dang deal.
I still got my lower lip!
lol.gif

NICE!

i used to use a can of cope a day..
I stopped and every time i wanted a dip, i would throw in a handful of sunflower seeds.
After a few days, i didn't want to eat another seed again.
Kind of like shocking your dog when he does something he shouldn't, associate the behavior or desire with something that is a negative punishment.

Howdy all, new to the foums and would like to Thank y'all for sharing your knowledge, skills, and experiences.

My uncle quit smoking back in 2004 thru an herbalist. The trick (according to the herbalist) was that you could trick your body with Vit C (chewables) into thinking you just smoked a cigarette. I guess nicotine and Vit C use the same "carriers" in the body (??). I do not know for sure if this works, but my uncle quit. I figure even if the herbalist told him and it was just a placebo, it worked for him and he had smoked for over 40 years.

Last edited:
So toss your stash and quit. I decided 2 weeks ago to quit and the first few days sucked something feirce, now I don't want a chew. I keep sunflower seeds handy as I'm still getting over the having something in my mouth 24 7, and that's getting better everyday.

Originally Posted By: mbaysinger89So toss your stash and quit. I decided 2 weeks ago to quit and the first few days sucked something feirce, now I don't want a chew. I keep sunflower seeds handy as I'm still getting over the having something in my mouth 24 7, and that's getting better everyday.

You still have a few valleys to go. About every 20 days you will hit a hard spot up until about day 200. Then it starts to get easier.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: HornetStingI would love to quit chewing. Nasty habit...

Yes, it is nasty.
You have no idea how nasty until you quit, and start watching other people doing it.

Back