New to Oregon

Andys08

I'm moving to lakeview Oregon for work I'll be there for around 3 months anyone in the area that could give me tips or would want a partner text me 314-440-1774 thanks in advance

Bring guns! There are a lot of critters to kill near Lakeview. Too bad you won't be around in the spring when the sage rats start popping up.

I have a former student who lives down there and he says there are quite a few coyotes down that way, and in the areas around there. I don't have any specific places to hunt, but there is lots of public land down that way.

I need to get a map but I got my license today couldn't find a place to hunt . Asked several landowners and no luck. Anyone want a partner?

I don't think anyone is going to give away hard earned info. My suggestion is to get out and look for yourself. There is plenty of BLM land in that part of Oregon. Stay on the east side of hwy 97. We went out calling on the east side the past couple of days calling in the early morning before it got too hot and called in 3 killing 2 of them. Lots of Portlanders head out to Fort Rock. There are coyotes out there but there are lots of coyote hunters, too. I think Greyhound could make some money running coyote hunters out that way on the weekends.

Originally Posted By: pk1I don't think anyone is going to give away hard earned info. My suggestion is to get out and look for yourself. There is plenty of BLM land in that part of Oregon. Stay on the east side of hwy 97. We went out calling on the east side the past couple of days calling in the early morning before it got too hot and called in 3 killing 2 of them. Lots of Portlanders head out to Fort Rock. There are coyotes out there but there are lots of coyote hunters, too. I think Greyhound could make some money running coyote hunters out that way on the weekends.

Note to self: Avoid Fort Rock on my next Oregon coyote road trip.
smile.gif

There is a local hunting and fishing website whose name I won't mention here and every time the subject of coyote hunting comes up they're directed to Fort Rock. I was out that way one day and decided to take a look. Oh, it's a good looking area but hunted hard year around.

There are plenty of coyote all throughout Oregon but later in the season it gets hard to find one that hasn't been called in or shot at.

We'll made it out this morning had a nice male come in on the 3rd stand ran all the way to 30yards dropped him in his tracks with my 243 first coyote for that gun. Doesn't matter how many blanks stands I have when one comes in like today it's a rush.

Back