PRIMOS DOGG CATCHER

jjester56

HAS ANYONE TRIED THE PRIMOS DOGG CATCH ELECTRONIC CALL? SPORTMANS HAS IT ON SALE RIGHT NOW FOR 70 DOLLARS BUT I DO NOT FIND ANY REVIEWS ONLINE FOR IT. THIS WILL BE MY FIRST YEAR TO ATTEMPT COYOTE HUNTING. ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT

THANKS

A year ago I bought a primos alpha dog as my 1st caller used it a few times. then I went with a buddy and heard his entry level FoxPro spit fire,went home,sold the alpha and bought a firestorm!!!! I now own a shockwave. For me, 1st hand, FoxPro all the way.

+1Originally Posted By: NampaNewbieA year ago I bought a primos alpha dog as my 1st caller used it a few times. then I went with a buddy and heard his entry level FoxPro spit fire,went home,sold the alpha and bought a firestorm!!!! I now own a shockwave. For me, 1st hand, FoxPro all the way.

It's not a bad entry level unit,I always keep one in my truck. If you get really serious you might eventually upgrade. You fox pro guys sound as bad as the scope snobs. I'm sure you all drive Bugatti's, live in mansions and married prom queens. Get real answer the question if you have specific knowledge and move on. Fox pro's are great but people were blasting Yotes by the truck loads before they were made. Thanks D. Mac.

Ok, I live in southeast Texas. No huge open spaces. I have a dog catcher. If I set it in the middle of my 5 acre pasture, I cannot hear it while standing at the barn if there is any wind blowing. The caller will lock up in cold weather. If it is playing and you put it on mute it may not come back on. It works well in normal temps. I am saving for a foxpro banshee.

Yes its worth buying for 70.00. Use it hunt with it enjoy it an learn with it. If you like the sport upgrade when you can later. Buy it!!!Its not the end of the world if its not a FoxPro!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jjester56HAS ANYONE TRIED THE PRIMOS DOGG CATCH ELECTRONIC CALL? SPORTMANS HAS IT ON SALE RIGHT NOW FOR 70 DOLLARS BUT I DO NOT FIND ANY REVIEWS ONLINE FOR IT. THIS WILL BE MY FIRST YEAR TO ATTEMPT COYOTE HUNTING. ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT

THANKS

Hey jjester56,

The Dog Catcher has dozens of glowing reviews on Amazon but if you live in colder areas/areas where it snows, you will want to go with something with more *juice*. As many have stated, FOXPRO calls are fantastic and top of the line, but can be expensive if you're looking for more power.

If you're not as brand sensitive, maybe try the ICOtec GC300. It's a top unit and one of my favorites in that

Last edited:
I know the knee jerk is FoxPro. But money is tight. I'de love to have a ShockWave or even a Spitfire but Natchez has the Dog Catcher for a pretty good price.

I got one coming in the mail, for my first time. I realize you get what you pay for, but I didn't want to spend $$$ on first time. I also realize the more successful you are, the more likely you will do it again.

The reviews were decent. But I am guessing at that price point, it was people not used to using better ones.

Hopefully will get to find out soon.

Back