Bushmaster Carbon 15

I had one for about a year. Decent gun for the price, very very lightweight but that also hurts accuracy as its hard to get it steady on shooting sticks. Mine shot pretty decent but I ended up selling it because it just wasn't for me.

They can get decent accuracy, at least minute of coyote, in their standard configuration. I have found that they actually have a pretty good barrel on them and they will shoot a lot better once you free float them. That is where things go sideways. The thread on the upper receiver is not a standard thread, so regular barrel nuts don't work. But if you free it, it will shoot. Add in a good muzzle brake and you can have a good shooter and still be pretty light. Change the trigger, they are not so great from the factory.

It will likely shoot like any other entry-level carbine AR, anywhere from .75-1.75" 5 shot groups @ 100 yards with decent ammo... look at the M&P sport, ive seen them produce some very good groups

Are you wanting it for the sole purpose of predator hunting or is it going to be more of a range/plinker gun? If for hunting there is better options out there

Have an earlier one with the stainless fluted barrel and the better bolt carrier. I was surprise at how good the accuracy was. Bought another threaded quick disconnet end and put a surefire muzzle brake on it and this 4lb. rifle is quick, accurate, and really flat shooting.

I like mine. I wanted an ar to take on the 4 wheeler. This gun shoots great. 1 inch groups at 100 yds with hornady 55 gr sp.
Cabelas had this gun for 649.00 and 50.00 rebate from bushmaster. They also had 50.00 in free ammo.
Might not be a super gun but for the price I am more than happy. The trigger is the only thing you could complain about. I just shoot it.

I picked up one of these, nice and light ar. I free floated mine with the samson evolution 7. It uses the factory nut so it's works good.shoots moa. I'm gonna change out the trigger and should shoot way better after that. One thing, I got the 7 inch free float and wished I got the 10 or 11. My first ar, and I like it.

Back