Arming Syrian Rebels...ironic...

So let me get this straight...we'll give all sorts of restricted class III and above weapons to Syrian rebels to fight a tyrannical government in THEIR country...the same administration that argues for more "common sense" gun control at home. Do you think each rebel will have to fill out a form IV, get fingerprinted and get a sig from local law enforcement? How about a NICS Check? HMMMMMMMM. How ironic.

It's not just the current administration... We did the same thing with the Taliban in the 80s.... Even gave the mujahideen stinger misses they used to shoot down Soviet aircraft... 15 years later they used those weapons to kill American troops... What's really going on....

Real life does not offer many black and white, easy/obvious decisions.

I'm surprised there's such a bunch of radical Muslim coddlers on here. What is this, International Hug a Terrorist day?

I'm totally in favor of arming the Syrian rebel groups because that's a VASTLY better option than NOT arming them and standing by with our thumbs up our buttskies. So you guys want to just sit on the sidelines like some pinko cowards while radical Islamfacistists turn a big swath of the middle east into the Disney World of terrorist training camps?

So just wondering, who do you guys thing the target is going to be when these terrorist rabid Islamafacists train up 10,000 martyrs? You think they're going to attack Norway?

Yeah, yeah, you never know where the weapons could end up. Afghanistan, mujahadeen, etc. What you guys are forgetting about that whole little story is that the whole program was a wild success. By arming the Afghan rebels, the Soviet Union was so burned so badly that it completely iced their plans to annex VASTLY more territory. Had the Soviets gone on with their empire expansion, a US / USSR confrontation would have been inevitable and far, far more Americans would have been killed had that happened.

That's the problem with history, you cannot know what did NOT happen because of other actions. The other problem with history is that doing nothing often is viewed as a safe choice at the time, when it often proves to be the worst possible action.

Grouse

Back