Kilt a few in Lovington.

btech29

Just got back from a weekend in Lovington, New Mexico. Got rained out for the most part but did get to hunt one day. Scott has a roping buddy that lives down there and we had a good time with him and enjoyed some pretty good hunting as well when the rain would let up. The land was certainly different that what he are used to in Arkansas and Oklahoma but we got it figured out as we went along. Look forward to our next trip. If you aint hunted southern New Mexico I would recommend giving it a try. Lots of public ground and plenty of coyotes.

Looks like you had a good trip.

Lovington coyote country can be quite a shock, we saw five out in this pasture. Kind of hard to hide the truck at times.

you know what they say, "every nut finds a squirrel eventually." Looks like you found yours.
lol.gif

Hi Al. I swing by every couple of weeks and catch up on stories and such.

Btech, I know that country very well. By the looks of the toenails on those coyotes, I'd say they came from sandhill country. Most likely S and SW of Hobbs, around Monument...Cooper country.

Just a guess.

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbe By the looks of the toenails on those coyotes, I'd say they came from sandhill country. Most likely S and SW of Hobbs, around Monument...Cooper country.

i gotta get my dang eyes checked.
scared.gif

by the looks of the hair in the ears i would say N and NE of Hobbs. just a guess.
tongue_smilie.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot

i gotta get my dang eyes checked.
scared.gif

by the looks of the hair in the ears i would say N and NE of Hobbs. just a guess.
tongue_smilie.gif

Just click on the photo, it'll take you to the original...it's a huge photo. Long toenails mean sandhills, as caliche anywhere near Lovington wears them off. Coloration and coat suggest sandhill coyotes, as well.
smile.gif

Thanks all. No dogs this trip batman. Im glad we didnt take em. The grass is tall this year and only called three I think would have worked anyway. It was a nice change to leave them at home.

Back