450 bushmaster upper

cclark

Anyone have one? 16 or 20 inches? I am making myself nuts with picking a gun/cartridge combo now that the government so graciously decided we could use a straight - walled cartridge in a rifle for deer....

Originally Posted By: cclarkAnyone have one? 16 or 20 inches? I am making myself nuts with picking a gun/cartridge combo now that the government so graciously decided we could use a straight - walled cartridge in a rifle for deer....

Ritch has a couple. They shoot very well. The nice thing is ammunition is not hard to find if you don't handload.

Greg

I have a 16". I consider it my best deer rig for where I hunt in northern MN. For me, the extra 4 inches of barrel length would be more cumbersome in the brush.

I was debating getting a big bore AR, but decided on the 6.8 SPC after considering the support for 450B has kind of died out. However, since I don't reload, the 450B was the best option as it can still be found online relatively cheap. I would go with a 16" if you do go that route.

Originally Posted By: SiringoI have a 16". I consider it my best deer rig for where I hunt in northern MN. For me, the extra 4 inches of barrel length would be more cumbersome in the brush.

+2 /

Originally Posted By: willy1947Originally Posted By: SiringoI have a 16". I consider it my best deer rig for where I hunt in northern MN. For me, the extra 4 inches of barrel length would be more cumbersome in the brush.

+2 /

+3

I have 16" and love it. The factory uppers shoot the factory Hornady ammo into less than inch. Palmetto State Armory has good prices on the ammo when it's available.

Considering getting a 450 bushmaster for hog control. Anyone have any experience shooting pigs and how the round performs. The pigs can be tough to bring down

Thanks you guys. I am bidding on something quite different than the 450 bushmaster. If I don't win it will be okay. I thought I had explored all options. The 450 is probably a better choice than the other route. My goal for this was reloadable, light recoil (compared to slugs) and able to take deer at 200 yards.

Ive got the 20" upper. Heres 5 rounds slow fired

Heres 10 rounds fired a little faster. 2 rounds to the left were from getting it on paper

I have a conversation started with Ritch. Got outbid on my Ruger in 357 Maximum. I should have gone higher, but who knows how high the other guy would go. I am going to have Ritch quote me an upper and go from there. Thanks Chris

This 450 Bushmaster idea has me interested. I have a Stag model 3 plus package rifle now that I take to South Carolina to hog hunt in March. I could save money and just find some 70gr Barnes TSX loaded ammo for it or I could outfit a new 450 upper onto my current lower. Decisions, decision.

My father and I put a Bushmaster 450 16" upper on a lower we built and it is deadly accurate. He is using it for his IN deer gun. I maybe be switching out a shotgun for a new upper!

Back