Anyone use ceramic media for brass cleaning?

Hidalgo

I know ceramic media is designed for moly coating bullets, but it seems that some people are using it for brass cleaning also. Will this degrade the brass because it's obviously a hard material? Anyone use it for any period of time? How did your brass fare with it? Seems to me that this would solve the dust problems that are prevalent with walnut, and not require the soap/water/drying that is required with stainless steel.....

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/513681/...ng#ReviewHeader

Thanks guys!

I know someone who has used it. It does a reasonably good job, but the media he was using would sometimes lodge in flash holes. Plus, it's used wet so you get the same kinds of PITA as with stainless media, EXCEPT it doesn't seem to do near as good a job on primer pockets.

I'd do stainless before ceramic. In fact, I do...

I haven't but friends have used it on their black powder brass. It works well but it is a wet process. The moly approach is just a rub it in deal vs using steel shot.

Greg

I used it in my Thumbler and it works ok but gets stuck in primer pockets and flash holes. It also takes a while to get good results. I just switched to stainless pins and won't go back. Four hours will make make nasty stuff look brand new and doesn't get stuck in flash holes and primer pockets. It also cleans primer pockets and flash holes that ceramic will not do. My ceramic media is on the shelf and will stay there.

Thanks gentlemen! It didn't take long to solve THAT issue ....
lol.gif
thumbup1.gif

Guess I'll continue to make red dust.
rolleyes.gif

Back