browning blr

Spike

after trying a marlin m336 in a 30-30 cal and being disappointed I'm curious about the accuracy of the browning blr. two questions that concern me are the trigger and the drop of the stock for scope use. I would appreciate any actual information. thanks spike

New or old BLR? I have an older short steel frame straight grip BLR '81. I really like mine, very accurate and slick handling rifle.

BTW, what was wrong with the Marlin 336?

I have one i bought new in 1990, don't know what version that makes it. Anyway .243 VERY accurate and nice handling.

I think there was a recent post about a trigger spring mod that was beneficial.
I preferred the pistol grip version, it seemed to help me with scope sighting.

I've got a BLR in 358Win and my neighbor has a 243 version. Mine is a decade newer than his and is less sensitive to forearm pressure for some reason, yet both are deer hunting accurate. Either will shoot minute of deer every time and he likes to make headshots with his. The trigger is far from match quality, but most leverguns have mediocre triggers. Follow-up shots rival those of a guy with a semi-auto. The BLR is slick as buttered ice.

I bought a 35 rem marlin 50yrs ago and it shot good with iron sights. sold it because of poor trajectory but it was accurate. I thought that trying a lever action for coyotes would be interesting. I don't feel that this new mdl336 marlin can do the job with a 9lb trigger pull. the interest to use a lever gun for coyotes still persists that is why my question about the browning BLR. thanks for your replies spike

Back