A quick groundhog hunt.

IAyoteHNTR

I noticed a groundhog just outside of town this last w/e. I found out this afternoon who owns the property and it happened to be the parents of one of my 10 yr old's buddies @ school. Cool. This should be easy to get permission I think. It was. Drove out there this afternoon and talked to them briefly and heck yes they say, go get that sucker. They have a few out buildings and don't want groundhogs coming around anyway.

So I'm driving back into town and wouldn't you know it, there he is in the same spot. Quick drive to my house, load up the 17HMR and the camo, run right back out and tell them I'm going to try and go get him. Slowly sneak thru the woods, jump 6 deer, slowly sneak to within about 40 yards and wait patiently for him to get fully out of his hole. It took about 10 minutes of patiently waiting for him to come out. Put the crosshairs right behind his ear and BANG. He didn't so much as flinch. He just rolled over DRT.

I think I'll throw him in the freezer in the garage and use him for coyote bait this next w/e. Just don't tell my wife I'm putting a dead groundhog in the freezer please.
wink.gif
wink.gif

No picture means it didn't happen, so here he is ...............

2014-09-15173224_zpse530c0c6.jpg

Nice and fat. You can always tell your wife you're saving him for New Year's dinner. When she comes down from the rafters she'll be a lot more reasonable when you explain it's really just for coyote bait.
grin.gif

Back