Coyote vocalizations

Alec

I have finally had success yesterday morning with vocalizations. I,m not talking about pup distress, Coyote Pup Distress #2 has been the ticket for over 3/4 of all my kills, but yesterday I called in a yote with female long howl. I used 2 series of a long howl each 5 minutes apart. 3 yotes answered the first series all close by.
What are your favorite vocalization sounds, (except pup distress), and how long do you run them?

thanks Alec Nemon Concord, CA

Fighting is amazingly effective... When i get that stubborn howler that doesn't want to come..
I fire up the fighting and just pick up the shotgun and get ready..

It is usually one a few minutes before they are running in with no regaurd for caution. Especially for area's that have some cover.

Coyote vocalizations seem to be all the rage... If you want a good often overlooked resource on using vocals to call coyotes look for Bill Austin's call of the coyote CD... Bill lays out 3 different sets of vocalizations, each containing 3 different vocals... Through the magic of Audacity along with FPs and WTs sound library, it is possible using real coyote vocals to recreate Bills 3 sequences.

A good coyote fighting vocal that I bet isn't on 50 Ecallers in the USA is Burnham Brothers CC90 coyote pup fight.

Thanks for the info. I do not have any fighting sounds on my shockwave. I do have most of the other FP coyote sounds. Would agresive or growling sounds work? I could not find the Bill Austin cd. Foxpro should get coyote fighting sounds of their own. thanks

Thanks for that link. I have some of his other sounds on my Shockwave. I listened to the coyote fight sound, and thought that although it is probably a good real sound, it got changed in the whole process (bad fidelity)and would sound to strange and different then it was when being made. Just my opinion. thanks

TT's fight works, as does the WT fight sound. To me, the TT fight sounds better that the WT fight, BUT they both have worked for me, and late season, they work really well.

I like to do a soft howl on a double reed diaphragm howler at the beginning of a stand. Seems to wok good for me. I always start off soft just in case something close. Then get louder. Give it a minute or two then I start with a calling sequence

Back