Foxpro Sequences

Alec

I just saw adds for 2 new callers Crossfire, and Fusion, by Foxpro. They come preloaded with calling sequences. I have a Shockwave, and being on my 3rd caller now I am not interested in a new or different unit.
Can anyone please tell details about the sequences so that I may duplicate them. Like 1 minute of Female long howel #2, then 3o seconds of silence then 2 minutes of Lightning Jack, ect.
Also are people finding the new sequences better then winging it? Thanks alec nemon, concord, CA

Sequence hunting is hands free hunting. I use my sequences and pre set favorites a lot when I hunt a lone.

It's easy to do but I suggest you call FOxPr0 service and let them walk you thru it. I think the SHocKWaVE comes with some sequences on it. I have several callers including the ShocKWAve it came with 5 sequences on it. I have added 15 more.

Wish I could explain it to you but they walked me thru it.

It still would be nice to see what peoples sequences are. No one posts about sequences they use, manually, or with Foxcast.

I think the way Foxpro programs sequences ham strings the feature and keeps people from really getting the most out of it. The interface used to program them isn't exactly user friendly. The only way to hear your sequence is build it and load it on your call, don't like it? You have modify it in the programmer and reload it again. The biggest drawback to any sequence you set, is it being totally tied to your current sound list. Add or subtract a sound to your play list, the sound locations change and now your sequence doesn't play the sounds you expect. For me it's easier to build the sequence in Audacity, save and load it onto my CS24 as a single sound.

Here is a sequence I use:

FP crows n rabbit
Space
FP coyote barks
Space
FP crow2
Space
FP coyote growls
Space
FP coyote barks
Space
FP coyote growls
Space
FP death cries

^^^^ Building your sound sequences in Audacity is the way to go.
With FoxPro you cannot cut your sounds and overlap, they have to play the entire sound & move to the next sound you listed. FoxPro as stated above will not let you listen/hear/adjust as you make your sequences.

I don't have any use for the pre-program and use the Shockwave.

It would leave you with gaps and possible changes that either could cause one to turn and burn while you're licking your chops ready to pull the trigger or come running right into your wind.

We use many different calls. I have posted many times saying that I likely overthink the process.....But we are far more successeful then most in our area or landscape.

I like to use any soft prey...bird, rodent, rabbit. Then raise volume, sometimes throw in some fox distress, then a yote group again raising volume. If nothing shows then the pup distress. But can start with some howls or yodel howl at times. I am always trying something. Don't fall into the rut of, pups works so use it.

We have them show up at ANY TIME....so don't want to worry about someting else starting to play different then what is working at the time. I control that. With the call far enough away from us, we get away with more movement then you would think.

We are hunting farm land with cattle pastures and crop fields. I have some program barks and howls if we can't get them to stop with voice barks or growls.

FoxPro has a new File Generator that you can use to make sequences. Like Lowtempguru, I prefer to use sound editing software to make my sequences exactly like I want them. Several people use Audacity but I prefer Goldwave.

I have sequences using FoxPro file generator, Goldwave and Audacity. I don't know which one is easiest or best. I do my sequences on FoxPro file generator and my Uncle PossumAl does the other two for me.

I can tell you this for a fact----all of them are very productive. I really don't think the coyote has any idea what format was used to create his dinner bell ringing.

Thanks for the reply's.
Has anyone used:
F. long howl 1-3 howls
3-4 minutes space
F. long howl 1-3 howls
3-4 minutes space
F. long howl 1-3 howls
distress rabbit rat ect

Alec--I have used that type pattern, and it will work.

mjfritz07--A believe Audacity is a free download, and Goldwave gives you a really good trial period before you have to buy it.

The big difference in using FoxPro's file generator and a sound editing program is you have to listen to the FoxPro sounds on your ecaller to time the individual sounds so you can determine if you want them to repeat, how much pause to use, and what other sounds to use in conjunction with that particular sequence. It is a pretty big job to listen to enough sounds and mark down the time of each sound. With sound editing software, you have to use sounds other than FoxPro fxp files, i.e. sounds that have been recorded or converted to where you can listen to them via computer. Also, with sound editing software, you can mix sounds, gradually have the volume fade, and a host of features, and you can make the sound as long as you want. Most of my sequences last about 15 minutes, and I usually have a complimentary sound next in my presets or sound list.

There is a pretty large learning curve on Goldwave but can't say about Audacity. Maybe lowtempguru will sound off about that. As I said before, I prefer making my sequences using Goldwave, and you can just assign them a number on your FoxPro like any other sound and you are good to go.

That Goldwave sounds like the ticket, no pun intended. I just don't want to get in deeper with new learning curves. If there was premade sequences to load with it all done ahead.

FoxPro puts sequences on some of the models. Any sequence from FoxPro, or any sequence you make with the FoxPro file generator, is made up of sounds you have on the ecaller. Yote Yoda and 4 Paws have about 15 sequences on their Shockwave and CS-24C. They wouldn't work on my Fusion since I don't have all the same sounds they have on their ecallers. So, if you want sequences, you are better off using the file generator and making them from the sounds on your model.

Last edited:
You can create the sequences using Notepad, that comes on most computers.
But you can read the manual that came with call.

You can also look it up online at their site.

I only use the sequences when i am driving down the road doing night research. It plays the siren sound and then breaks for 20 seconds, and plays again. Allowing me to drive down the road, and listen for howls.

Other than that, the first time you are using that and see a coyote coming in and pause for a minute, and then the sound changes up, and he hightales it out of the area, you won't do that again.

If i wanted a start and forget it call, i wouldn't spend the money to buy a high quality Foxpro call. I want the remote to turn up the sound, turn it down, play foxbang, and answer with the right howling response after a coyote starts howling at me.

There are to software programs that keep popping up. I think one is called AudioWave??? I could be mistaken I have only seen it used, never used it myself yet.

Al, I'm not sure if Audacity is better then Goldwave, I stumbled across Audacity first and once I started using it, I found it hard to switch. To mix sounds Audacity has a large learning curve as well. The newer version of Audacity has a great feature to repair and rebuild clipped sounds. I have a spreadsheet with every Foxpro, WT, BBs, DK and JS sound loop times listed. If you don't feel like sitting down and listening to hundreds of sounds to create your own list, on desert hunter there is a review of just about every sound you could every put on an E call along with rating the sounds, their run times are listed as well.

Fred, I never paid much attention to the length of the sounds I was using, more emphasis on how long I wanted to make the sequence, which sounds I wanted to use, and cool features like a critter in trouble slowly getting weaker, etc.. I'll take a look at Audacity sometime to compare to Goldwave.

I have a hunch Goldwave is better then Audacity, Snowcamoman uses Goldwave. His ability to mix and clean up sounds with Goldwave remind me just how feeble my abilities are.... Lol

Back