Nosler Partition bullet question

coolhand

Guys, I'm working on loads for my new 6x47 Lapua build. I am testing the 85g Partition and don't want to waste any more expensive bullets that I have to. The question is around bullet seating depth. My first loads were just touching the lands. That load put three of the 5 shots into .5", but two
fliers opened the group to .85". I thought i'd move the seating depth first, so i'm wondering if I should go out or in? Looking for others experience, do Nosler Partitions like to be jumped? Thanks

My partition & BT loads shoot close enough to the same point of aim that I use them interchangeably. With the same seating depth.

You could do load work with BT's. They're expensive but cheaper than partitions.

In my experience, Partitions aren't the most accurate bullet in the pile. Both of my ARs shoot 60gr around 1.25" and I've tried most everything to get them to improve. It isn't the guns because they will shoot 60gr VMaxs well under MOA. Not trying to pour water in your powder, but that is my experience with them. They ARE a great hunting bullet. The accuracy trade off is good enough for me for our purposes.

If you're going to use this for deer run it like it is. if you're shooting under 1 MOA what difference is it going to make with 14 inches of Killzone

I use Nosler 60 gr. Partition for my U.P. deer hunt.
From a benchrest the load I worked up can put 3 shots in 1 clean hole at 75 yds. I use a Savage Hog Hunter with a 20" barrel. This load is the best one that I've loaded. I've never needed to shoot more than once.
Try this:
23 gr. Varget CCI 400 primers 60 gr. Nosler Partition bullet
OAL is 2.257

Back