decisions

docjon2013

Hello everyone!

I am in need of a push. I am waiting patiently for my Beast upper from Rock River and am wanting to put another one together while I wait. I can't decide on a 6x45 or 300 blackout.. Now both will be suppressed and I am thinking of making a sbr for the blackout. I don't know how serious I would be with the subsonics for the 300. I am just trying to get ideas. I know the 6x45 is a great round for yotes and even deer at reasonable ranges. The 300 I am unsure of though. I am not a long range shooter. I like my called animals under 100 usually but will stretch it to 200yards. I welcome any advice. FYI I already have 223s in ARs. Bolt guns 17 remingtion,22-243,22-250,204.
Thanks
Jon

I built a 300 SBR and like you, wasn't real excited about subs. I've been really impressed with the way the 110gr vmax has shot though! Haven't shot anything with it but I bet it'll do the job.

I've had a 6x45 for a while and to be honest with you, blah....

Last edited:
The 300 is like Obama as it fails to even start to impress me in the slightest so thus said go 6x45.
I built 3 sold 2 them and am building another. You wont go wrong with that and Yup not an issue on antelope/deer to 400 yards and easy at 700 yards on smaller targets like coyote/p-dogs.
Accurate as all heck on top of that.

Thanks for the info everyone. I think I talked myself out of both of them and going to do a 25x68 after following the thread about a unique round for the ar.

Originally Posted By: docjon2013Thanks for the info everyone. I think I talked myself out of both of them and going to do a 25x68 after following the thread about a unique round for the ar.

Feel free to contact me and I can help with some load data etc. or if you need case forming informatiin.

Greg

Originally Posted By: docjon2013Thanks for the info everyone. I think I talked myself out of both of them and going to do a 25x68 after following the thread about a unique round for the ar.
IMO that is better than either of the others w/quite a bit more oomph to it!

Back