T/C Trigger replacement

If you google TC venture trigger there are tips on how to fix them yourself. I took one loop off the spring and it put mine down to 2 pounds

ok guys i sent mine back to the factory cus of the trigger recall and it came back with a really heavy trigger i adjusted it down as far as it could go and it was still way to heavy for my liking. so i got curious and took off the stalk and the trigger system is housed in a little metal box held to the action with two pins i pulled the pins and dropped the trigger right out and after looking at it its held together with two screws i took them out and pulled the clips off the moving parts like the trigger pivot and the safetys pivots and the box came apart reallt easily after breaking the glue from some adjustment screws. i took the trigger spring and cut a coil and a half out of it, put it all back together and it is now able to be adjusted to less than 2 pounds and up to maybe 5? i dont exactly know cuz i dont have a pull scale but i set mine at what i believe to be about 2.5 pounds and it is absolutely awesome! i think anyone with some brains and mechanical ability can perform this modification but id start by clipping just one coil from the spring and testing that first, its what i did and still wanted to be able to take it a bit lighter. im now beyond pleased with my T/C also its in 22-250 if anyone was wandering. thanks yall. sorry for the long post its my first one.

this is what I tryed and it worked good on mine

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I have other T/C's that I've been able to adjust, but I've taken the trigger completely out and tried to break the adjustment screw loose and it won't turn at all. I've used good allen wrenches on it and they just bend. Not sure why T/C made it that small, but they did. I may go ahead and take it apart as mentioned in another post and see if it will loosen that way. I have an electronic trigger gauge and it's showing 4 pound and 12 ounces every time. That's just way too much for me. I wonder why the major trigger companies don't make one for it?

Thought I'd give an update on the trigger adjustment problem. I did as 280win suggested and took the trigger assembly apart. It's not hard, just remember where things go! I found out why the adjustment screw wouldn't back out from the 4lb 12oz pull I had. It was already backed out as far as it would go and was very tight. I took 2 loops off the spring and tightened it down to 2.5 lbs, which is about what I wanted. Gonna see how my groups improve over the next couple days. Thanks again for the help.

280win,

I know this an old post but I found it on Google when I was inquiring about changing out my trigger on my Venture. I’m not sure if you’re on PM anymore but…

I just wanted to say thanks—your instructions were perfect and it’s appreciated.

V/R

I removed the trigger assembly from my Dimension, it would not adjust down to 3.5# ( have digital scale). I removed the trigger spring and cut about 1.5 coils off. It now is 2.5#. Feels similar to my 3# ar timmney.

I have a T/C Venture which I believe has the same trigger setup. I was able to adjust it down fairly light but its deffinately the weak link in an outstanding sub $500 range gun. Mine is shooting consistently in the .3's and below on good days but between it and my Marlin & Savage that are all similar "entry level" rifles the T/c has the worst trigger. (the Marlin is the best of the 3). My T/C trigger is a little spongy as well, nothing to really complain about considering the price but that would be the 1 area I would like to see an upgrade to a savage style accutrigger

Let us know what you end up with & how you like it

Back