Trapping season preparation pics

Rammer

Hey fellas, after many years of not trapping, other than nuisance, I decided it was time to get back into the game. I am going to focus mainly on coons, some mink, and make some coyote sets. Always wanted to trap a badger so might do some badger sets.

Let's see some trapping photos, I will snap a few pics tomorrow. Got 100+ trap stakes assembled today! and been working on getting my dog proofs ready.

Here's the stakes as I was building them.

imagejpg2_zps6424034e.jpg

Painting some Dukes

imagejpg1_zpscb85aee3.jpg

Last edited:
I used dog proofs this past winter with some success once I found the right bait I used marsh mellows and fruits in mine caught a couple on each I like the fact they are easy to use and don't have to worry about catching someone's pet!!!

I have heard of guys having good results using cat food and fish oil. The tiny marshmallows are good again in combo with a bait or a trailing scent.

I have great results with dog food in my Ztraps, I fill my dogproofs up 1/2 way with the cheapest dog food I can find & I spray coon Pee around it.. I also don't use stakes with them anymore, I use lagbolts and an impact drill. I go look for downed trees and logs that have scat on them and I drill 2 holes, 1 to bolt the chain down and 1 to set the dp in.. I also do this in the base of trees just off the edge of the road. I think you'll like the dog proofs I know I get more action from those then anything else..

T-Bone I have never set a foothold for a coyote in my life. I have always snared them with really good success. Usually the snow and wind make it impossible here to keep footholds working when I get time late season to trap.

Back