hello all. greenhorn here

droopy

hi all I have been reading and reading here trying to learn from you all. this will be my first year trapping as my wife and I are taking the state course now. I'm buying a trap a week so i'll anticipate have a dozen 1.5cs legholds and a dozen 120 conibears by start of season. my goal for the first year is to get a few muskrat, mink, and perhaps a fox fisher or marten. i'll be trapping the nonesuch river in southern maine(more of a stream). I look forward to learning more from you guys
thanks Ty

kinda ticked the wife off but so far im up to 11 bridger 1.75cs 12 110s 2 120s 7 155s and 2 160s all bridger bodygrippers. a guy gave me permissions on great land real close to my house as long as I promise to target yotes. went in there the other day and almost everywhere I looked there where coyote tracks and found a good amount of what I believe were bobcat track down by a brook. I guess I have now risen my goals for this coming season to add a yote and a cat. hopefully some beginners luck will fall on me

Since the property is close to home, make some prebaited and lured sites. The ones on land should have sifted dirt for checking tracks. The prebait will improve chances of quick catches.

Think about a couple larger traps if you plan to target coyote and cat. Not that a 1.75 won't work.....it will, but in frozen conditions it's nice to have a little bit more power on your springs to help bust through the snow/ice

thanks for all the help. I need trapping season to start so i'll stop acquiring stuff and get to use it. I got a half dozen #2s as well now for a bit better of a yote set

Back