rra predator pursuit, help with barrel threading here in utah

Want moa

I've got my eyes set on the rra predator pursuit, but after holding the new x series I just about fell in love. Not sure which one I will go but if I do end up with a PP it will be the 20" version and I'm wondering if anyone has insights on threading this barrel. I've heard lots of stories but would want to do it right. Planning on adding the rra beast brake to it. Any ideas as to who to see locally near Salt Lake City and also what a quality job done right will cost me. Thanks

This is the 223 wylde just to clarify

Last edited:
Why do you want to thread it just to put on a brake? With that gun you will not need a brake on it.

Yep see no need to thread it to put a brake on it. The PP that I have is nice and light and very accurate. Unless you are going to run it supressed.

Don't thread it unless you have a suppressor waiting to put on it. To thread for just a brake will be useless on the 20" as stated.

Does the break not help with muzzle lift and target acquisition? Or do I just not need it because it is a 20" heavy barrel and that weight alone will help with those things?

The 223 does not have that much recoil or barrel lift. I believe you have another RRA and should be aware of that already. I dont have a brake on anything I own.

Back