Alabama Hunting Constitutional Amendment

Sosalty

Whelp, I'm hanging out in Cali waiting for my wife to retire in 2015, our AL retirement house is built waiting to become our home.

I've spent 25yrs backpacking in the Sierras but saddened at the declining quality and numbers of wildlife. During our 'critical drought' a third of the state's water flows out into the Pacific in order to assist a non-native minnow, the delta smelt, as farms do without. We piff millions on our very own doo-doo bird, a condor. Deer and big horn sheep populations have declined, stressed by hunting bans on mtn lion, bear, and other predators. Ground squirrels are still abundant, but no-lead 'condor zones' encompass most the state. Cali's fish and Game no longer supports 'Game" along with a name change, "fish and wildlife."

A worry I have moving to pro-hunting AL, is that the antis will get a toehold in politics someday, likely as urban populations wont to do. I have plans to drive out and vote this Nov 2014 election and look at what's on the ballot:

Amend AL state constitution in support of hunting

Puts a smile on my face. Your state should be so proactive as my beloved Alabama
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
AL is a pretty strong hunting & gun state. IMO *some* of the gun laws have long needed improving & got a good dose of that last year.

game & squish just made suppressors legal for hunting as well, it keeps getting better.

In terms of states where the anti's are going to get any real traction, we're not on the short list.

AZ tried doing that in our last election and the voters did not pass it, but we are getting more wolves and condors.
frown.gif

Alabama is a very good place for hunters to live, we have a some fine hunting and fishing in our state. I don't think we're on the antis short list but I do worry. The way things are going in the rest of the country, they'll get around to us sooner or later. Good luck on your move and welcome to Alabama.

Back