here's my components

Brownie

Rifle is a howa 1:10 twist 20" #1 contour barrel. Anyone have good results with this combo??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jack RobertsLooks like you have duplicates.

Jack

You Funny...

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: who meNew component's sitting on a clean reloading bench.

No one can have good result with that combination.

"Clean reloading bench"... are you some kinda communist or something???

That's what we all need - a lecture from our new mommy on cleaning our room.

I shot a lot of that combo years ago, but used Fed 210's.

Every rifle is different, so start off at 41.0g and work up. Accuracy will be very close if not the Safe working max load for the gun.

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: who meNew component's sitting on a clean reloading bench.

Yep there's only one mommy here who has the right to lecture us and that mommy is CatShooter.

Originally Posted By: robjacobsOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: who meNew component's sitting on a clean reloading bench.

Yep there's only one mommy here who has the right to lecture us and that mommy is CatShooter.

I never lecture about cleaning your room or bench.

When I lecture, it's worth listening to.

And what is YOUR value added???

I haven't tried H414, I've read it's very similar or even the same as 760. I bet someone here knows....?

I like the 85 sgk hpbt. IIRC my best group in my M700 243 is with varget.

I have a new Tikka 243 with a 10 twist, I will start with that bullet for my all around hunting load.

Originally Posted By: Anton ChigurhI haven't tried H414, I've read it's very similar or even the same as 760. I bet someone here knows....?

I like the 85 sgk hpbt. IIRC my best group in my M700 243 is with varget.

I have a new Tikka 243 with a 10 twist, I will start with that bullet for my all around hunting load.

Yup... same stuff.

I have had better results with H414 and standard large rifle primers in medium capacity cases. If you find your velocities vary excessively, this is the first thing I would change. WLRM primers are plenty hot and a switch to WLR primers or Rem 9 1/2 will sometimes settle them down.

My added value is I don't have the need to lecture and if I did it wouldn't be with your pompous arrogance.

You really do have an over-inflated value of yourself and act as if you are the only person with any knowledge on this board. You are generally condescending to others and any value you do add isn't worth the price of dealing with your personality. I am not the first to point this out.

Originally Posted By: robjacobsMy added value is I don't have the need to lecture and if I did it wouldn't be with your pompous arrogance.

You really do have an over-inflated value of yourself and act as if you are the only person with any knowledge on this board. You are generally condescending to others and any value you do add isn't worth the price of dealing with your personality. I am not the first to point this out.

I think somebody needs some quiet time with his mommy.

Good grief you kids need to grow some sack.

How do you learn without constructive criticism?

Originally Posted By: robjacobsMy added value is I don't have the need to lecture and if I did it wouldn't be with your pompous arrogance.

So that's a lecture without being a condescending pompous azz huh?

I guess you told him.

You know.... You could always go elsewhere if it bothers you that much..

I am not the only one that knows loading, but there are a lot of people that do NOT know loading, that absolutely LOVE to give advice... so they just make it up...
.. and they never take responsibility for the bad advice when it makes things worse.

A perfect example is this morning a poster describes a situation where he has 15 to 20 thou of excessive headspace - the primers are sticking out of the back of fired cases... and he was told to "Bump the shoulders" WHAT????

The idjut that gave that advice has no idea of what he is talking about, and is giving dangerous advice... he just made it up!
I think I'll put him on my Christmas card list this year.

Is that the kind of advice people want on this site?? I don't think so.

But here is a terrific solution to your problem.

Over on the left side of this post, click on "CatShooter" - the menu will pop up - click on profile. When you get to that page, there is a box that says "Ignore"... click that.

Your problem is solved.

I am normally pleasant to get along with... but I do not suffer fools very well, and I HATE people that make up "information" (it's called lying) so they have something to say... but are nowhere to be seen for the consequences of their bad advice.

Now, go click that "ignore button"... mommy says so!
lol.gif

tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: robjacobsMy added value is I don't have the need to lecture and if I did it wouldn't be with your pompous arrogance.

I am not the only one that knows loading, but there are a lot of people that do NOT know loading, that absolutely LOVE to give advice... so they just make it up...
.. and they never take responsibility for the bad advice when it makes things worse.

A perfect example is this morning a poster describes a situation where he has 15 to 20 thou of excessive headspace - the primers are sticking out of the back of fired cases... and he was told to "Bump the shoulders" WHAT????

The idjut that gave that advice has no idea of what he is talking about, and is giving dangerous advice... he just made it up!

Over on the left side of this post, click on "CatShooter" - the menu will pop up - click on profile. When you get to that page, there is a box that says "Ignore"... click that.

Your problem is solved.

I am normally pleasant to get along with... but I do not suffer fools very well, and I HATE people that make up "information" (it's called lying) so they have something to say... but are nowhere to be seen for the consequences of their bad advice.

lol.gif

tt2.gif

I will give you that one. There is some bad advice given at times. I've seen you come off condescending at times and it rubbed me wrong. I was a little harsh last night so I do apologize.

Originally Posted By: robjacobsOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: robjacobsMy added value is I don't have the need to lecture and if I did it wouldn't be with your pompous arrogance.

Your problem is solved.

lol.gif

tt2.gif

I will give you that one. There is some bad advice given at times. I've seen you come off condescending at times and it rubbed me wrong. I was a little harsh last night so I do apologize.

Thank you... the people that truly know me on this site, will tell you that my normal mode is playful, and no question is too small to answer or help.

I grew up in a neighborhood called "Little Italy", and by the time I was 10, I learned you don't lie, and you don't make stuff up to impress the common folks.

The amount of BS answers on hand loading questions could sink the Queen Mary, and the original askers deserve better...

... and it makes me crazy.

I love handloading - the first cartridge I ever loaded was the 22 Short rimfire - and I was 11.
I used a paste made from the tips of of strike anywhere matches for the priming compound, cherry bomb powder, and lead balls, held in place with with Duco cement - I made 20, 19 went off, and I killed 11 roof pigeons.

I now own my own ballistics company and commercially manufacture ammunition.

The reason that I come off condescending, is on purpose.

If someone says they have primers sticking out of the back of their fired cases, and you tell them they have to push the shoulders back some more, you don't need a discussion... you need a slap up-side the head.

You need to have your face turn red, so maybe you think twice before you make something up so you "sound like a player"... that can cause a severe problem to someone else.

Am I a pain in the azz... yup, and ALL of the people that I admire and respect, are the same way.

I like running with big dogs, and I hate ankle bitters.

Back