Harvard Educated Michelle Obama Says Founders Not Born In America

hm1996

Staff member
Well, they say you learn something new every day. I guess this is a fact as I always thought the founding fathers mentioned were, indeed, born in the colonies.

But what do I know, I don't have a Harvard degree.
lol.gif

Quote:
Harvard Educated Michelle Obama Says Founders Not Born In America

by Gary DeMar Filed under Constitution
June 19, 2014

Harvard educated First Lady Michelle Obama told “attendees of a naturalization ceremony Wednesday that the Founding Fathers weren’t born in America.”

This is the same Michelle Obama who told us that her Harvard education did not help her in knowing how to feed her children:

“In an interview with MSN.com, First Lady Michelle Obama explained she used to struggle to feed her kids right—even though she received an education from Harvard and Princeton.

“‘Before coming to the White House, I struggled, as a working parent with a traveling, busy husband, to figure out how to feed my kids healthy, and I didn’t get it right,’ she explained, sharing a story about her children’s doctor who pulled her aside to talk about her family diet.

“‘I thought to myself, if a Princeton and Harvard-educated professional woman doesn’t know how to adequately feed her kids, then what are other parents going through who don’t have access to the information I have?’ she recalled.

I thought this was a story from The Onion. Michelle Obama actually said this. This goes to show you how dumb smart people can be.

These are the same dumb smart people who get us into unwinnable wars, wrecked the economy, and don’t know the differences between the sexes.

Not only didn’t her Harvard and Princeton educations teach her how to feed her children, they apparently didn’t teach her much about American history:

“It’s amazing that just a few feet from here where I’m standing are the signatures of the 56 Founders who put their names on a Declaration that changed the course of history,” she said during her speech, referring to the Declaration of Independence. “And like the 50 of you, none of them were born American – they became American.”

I’m trying to grasp the meaning of her comments. Is she saying that the founders weren’t born Americans because there was no United States of America in 1776? This can’t be the case since the Declaration of Independence states, “The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America.” America did not begin with the Declaration. If it did, it would exclude anybody born prior to July 4th 1776 from ever becoming president.

Did she actually mean that those who signed the Declaration of Independence and participated in the drafting of the Constitution were not born in America? Benjamin Franklin was born in Pennsylvania and Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and James Madison were born in Virginia. John Adams was born in Massachusetts. Surely she knows this. But maybe not.washinton Birthplace

George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison served as President of the United States. They had to have been born in America in order to qualify for the office.

This is junior high history stuff. Is America’s educational system so bad that the First Lady of the United States does not know that our founders were born in America? Or is it something else? Did anybody blink when she said it?

I don’t recall in my research on this story that a single mainstream media outlet reported on Michelle Obama’s rewriting of America’s history.

If the swell of illegal immigration continues, our schools won’t be teaching the history of the founding of the United States of America since the America we know won’t matter anymore.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/15968/harva...V7PQMCwl5b0E.99

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: tnshootistAnother person educated far beyond her intelligence.

Very good, JJ, that's a lot nicer way of sayin' she tells more than she knows.
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

She's just trying to make believe that when o is finally exposed that it's OK since none of the Founders were born in America either. The new citizens probably knew more about US History than Michelle but were to intimidated to 'Gasp' at the flotus statement.

I'd say she either told on Barry, or else she is trying to make a case for all those illegals wanting citizenship. Either way, I'm not surprised by anything she says, as I view her as an idiot.

This is just an amazing display and i am nonplussed at the statement.. I hope it's a fake and just a joke..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZThis is just an amazing display and i am nonplussed the statement.. I hope it's a fake and just a joke..

Glad you brought up the point, Tbone. Matter of fact it was, indeed, a direct quote from her speech as verified below at http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/06/18/remarks-first-lady-naturalization-ceremony.

This gives me an opportunity to drag out my soap box and document the fact that Snopes, which states this claim is False @ http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/quotes/naturalization.asp
will go to great lengths to pick nits to fit their hard to port tilt.

In this case the word "in" seems to be the issue. Brings back memories of, "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is." I guess the libs have a bit of trouble comprehending those complex two letter words. Sheeesh!

Originally Posted By: OP“It’s amazing that just a few feet from here where I’m standing are the signatures of the 56 Founders who put their names on a Declaration that changed the course of history,” she said during her speech, referring to the Declaration of Independence. “And like the 50 of you, none of them were born American – they became American.”

Originally Posted By: Official Speech

"It’s amazing that just a few feet from here where I’m standing are the signatures of the 56 Founders who put their names on a Declaration that changed the course of history. And like the 50 of you, none of them were born American -- they became American."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/06/18/remarks-first-lady-naturalization-ceremony

Regards,
hm

Back