Trail camera?s

k9jones

I am looking at purchasing a couple trail cameras for surveilence around my house. Do they make a camera that doesn't emit a small red light at night? I fear the thief would see the red light and steal the camera.

You might consider motion detectors instead. They are a lot cheaper and you don't have to watch them. The $20 one on my driveway detects every deer or dog that enters my yard, and some birds.

Jack

I think Jack was referring to the detectors that emit an alarm like a bell or buzzer whenever they detect movement.

If you are wanting monitoring when you are away from the residence, this would be of no use.

Moultrie M-880i or the newer M-1100i both No-Glow trail Cameras....very small easy to hide and You can even buy mounts for them to hang them higher at different angles if You want them even further out of reach?You can also buy the metal Bear Proof boxes if a Your worried about them getting stolen and You can double lock them and use the better Python Locks on them.

Next best option is to buy a trail camera that has No-Glow flash IR features and it sends the pics to Your Cell Phone or Computer that way if it's stolen or damaged the pics still make it to You.Im thinking DLC Covert,Moultrie and a few others make these type Cameras among several others I can't think of at this moment...some use SIM card and require activation thru Your Cell Phone provider at a reasonable price.There are a few others that can send it to Your Phone or computer at shorter distances but cost more.

Go to www.chasingame.com and check all that are available and read the reviews on them on their features,quality,prices and decide what would work the best for You!

Last edited:
In a sense....Yes You can mount a trail camera up high out of reach,but is it at a correct angle aiming in the correct exact spot to pick up movement or heat change so it can go off or catch a Deer,Coyote or Trespasser where You can Identify it good and clear?It also needs to be Un-detected so it doesn't get damaged or stolen... Lots of variables.

Most trail cameras need to aiming north or south so it doesn't get white washed out from the glare of the sun,if in the Woods shaded it is more forgiving and with the new cameras having the IR option even the Red Glow seems to scare off some Deer but when set up higher at an angle it was much less noticeable and not spooking the Deer as bad....now the Black-Flash (No Glow) trail cameras it's even better and totally non-detectable from Deer or Humans and several newer IR cameras don't have the Ghostly Blurrrrr either!

Last edited:
Back