Found a new area

Quote:It can take years to build a relationship with a landowner and one day to have it trashed.

Amen! If you want to learn someone's true character, just take them hunting or fishing.

Regards,
hm

These stories remind me of mushroom hunting and metal detecting experiences of years past.

I took a friend out detecting a place where I had found some really old good stuff. We hunted for a while and left.
I found out later he went back and beat the site up bad and he too had found some good stuff but never asked me about going there by himself. This kinda end that friendship.

Another time it was kind of funny I took my niece to my favorite spots on the home place. We had a good time and found some nice morels.
Seems she had a good memory and made regular trips to those spots every year.
Now this was a shame on me type thing, as I simply went to work and found new sites.
I never said a word, just was a bit amused by it all.

I guess if you want any spot to be private ya jest kaint tell a soul evne yer best bud.

But it's just so nice to have someone else put in the foot work the time and the effort the money and the gas. Public land isn't a big deal be cause I know I'm not the only one hunting but my private land is mine. Had to chase dove hunters out of it two years ago who were hunting without permission.

Originally Posted By: BrownieBut it's just so nice to have someone else put in the foot work the time and the effort the money and the gas. Public land isn't a big deal be cause I know I'm not the only one hunting but my private land is mine. Had to chase dove hunters out of it two years ago who were hunting without permission.

Speaking of dove hunting... I'm going on a five day yote and dove mantastic adventure with my brother in a few weeks! Should be a great time. I've locked up several thousand acres of private land I had to work hard to get!

Originally Posted By: tugboaterOriginally Posted By: BrownieBut it's just so nice to have someone else put in the foot work the time and the effort the money and the gas. Public land isn't a big deal be cause I know I'm not the only one hunting but my private land is mine. Had to chase dove hunters out of it two years ago who were hunting without permission.

Speaking of dove hunting... I'm going on a five day yote and dove mantastic adventure with my brother in a few weeks! Should be a great time. I've locked up several thousand acres of private land I had to work hard to get!

Be looking forward to the stories and pics just make sure u keep it PG.for the children's sake. "Mantastic adventure" sounds a bit broke back mountainish lol jk

I managed to land 500 acres of private land. We'll see how it works out. I'm told by the land owner that others hunt there and I'm hoping a little bit different sounds may awaken a few of the coyotes and he also mention fox on the property as well. I get what you are all saying and it's very unfortunate the others have taken advantage of your kindness and generosity but not all are created equal. In the end it's all good. You have your spots and hopefully one day I'll have mine. Cheers!

Originally Posted By: BrownieThat's the crappie part about hunting public land. Is other people go in and educate them and half the time they don't realize it. It's part of why I try to get out farther from the roads than most. It means less stands in a day but higher odds.

This is a great point and I'm going to work toward getting farther off the beaten path, or find a path less travel by way of gaining access to private property. I spoke to a couple CWMU managers and the land owners and hopefully come November after the big game hunts I can get access to that land. To say there are many acres would be an understatement.

Originally Posted By: BrownieOriginally Posted By: tugboaterOriginally Posted By: BrownieBut it's just so nice to have someone else put in the foot work the time and the effort the money and the gas. Public land isn't a big deal be cause I know I'm not the only one hunting but my private land is mine. Had to chase dove hunters out of it two years ago who were hunting without permission.

Be looking forward to the stories and pics just make sure u keep it PG.for the children's sake. "Mantastic adventure" sounds a bit broke back mountainish lol jk

Lol! Come on... It's my brother. Now it's weird:)

JoshuaN- Your NOT doing yourself any favors by calling people out on the forum. Even if they are a "punk kid" Your a newby. So am i. Ask for advice and take it. There are alot of guys on here with great advice and that are willing to help if you show some respect. If you dont like a post, take the high road and let it slide. I may be new to the forum and coyote hunting but by no means am i new to the hunting scene. Respect will get you places, running your mouth and calling people out will lose you the respect of everyone on the forum. Especially the old timers. Im in Utah, and can relate to the problems of finding virgin ground but everyone else on here had to work and buy their time... So do we.

Originally Posted By: tugboaterSpeaking of dove hunting... I'm going on a five day yote and dove mantastic adventure with my brother in a few weeks! Should be a great time. I've locked up several thousand acres of private land I had to work hard to get!

Speaking of dove hunting, I did my first ever dove hunt last night and all I could think about was how great the place would be for hunting coyotes. It's just too bad a friend showed me the spot ON PUBLIC LAND, or I would be back tonight with a howler after work. Not only does my buddy dove hunt in the spot, he calls coyotes there.
frown.gif

Four mourning doves and five collared doves, with one unrecovered cripple. I was using a new 20 gauge and shot worse than the "terribly" I usually shoot, which means my buddy is responsible for most of those birds.
wink.gif

5FE49396-EEF6-40BD-9E49-E49AF4E298B2_zpsiwunletl.jpg

Back on topic:

Josh, that's cool you located some coyotes on new land. How did the follow-up hunt go for you? I hope you get one or two out of the group. It seems like hunting in Utah can be pretty tough. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Originally Posted By: shankboneOriginally Posted By: tugboaterSpeaking of dove hunting... I'm going on a five day yote and dove mantastic adventure with my brother in a few weeks! Should be a great time. I've locked up several thousand acres of private land I had to work hard to get!

Speaking of dove hunting, I did my first ever dove hunt last night and all I could think about was how great the place would be for hunting coyotes. It's just too bad a friend showed me the spot ON PUBLIC LAND, or I would be back tonight with a howler after work. Not only does my buddy dove hunt in the spot, he calls coyotes there.
frown.gif

Four mourning doves and five collared doves, with one unrecovered cripple. I was using a new 20 gauge and shot worse than the "terribly" I usually shoot, which means my buddy is responsible for most of those birds.
wink.gif

Back on topic:

Josh, that's cool you located some coyotes on new land. How did the follow-up hunt go for you? I hope you get one or two out of the group. It seems like hunting in Utah can be pretty tough. Good luck and let us know how you do.

smile.gif
sorry didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Originally Posted By: jblomquiJoshuaN- Your NOT doing yourself any favors by calling people out on the forum. Even if they are a "punk kid" Your a newby. So am i. Ask for advice and take it. There are alot of guys on here with great advice and that are willing to help if you show some respect. If you dont like a post, take the high road and let it slide. I may be new to the forum and coyote hunting but by no means am i new to the hunting scene. Respect will get you places, running your mouth and calling people out will lose you the respect of everyone on the forum. Especially the old timers. Im in Utah, and can relate to the problems of finding virgin ground but everyone else on here had to work and buy their time... So do we.

Totally agree.

Originally Posted By: shankboneOriginally Posted By: tugboaterSpeaking of dove hunting... I'm going on a five day yote and dove mantastic adventure with my brother in a few weeks! Should be a great time. I've locked up several thousand acres of private land I had to work hard to get!

frown.gif

wink.gif

Back on topic:

Got pretty much skunked by the wind on every stand we made. We saw one coyote on our way out of the stand and my friend got a single shot off and missed it on a run by less that a foot. Thanks for asking. It is tough, frustrating, and I love it. I'll be back at it this weekend or sooner. I did manage to land a small 500 acre parcel of private land Monday so I'm looking forward to seeing what if anything that will produce. Cheers and nice work on the dove hunt.

Back