Bobcat at about 6 feet ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hidalgo

It's a GOOD thing that bobcat season was closed or this kitty would have had a hole from one end to the other. And it appears to be a VERY large cat. Interesting how it wasn't scared. I think I would have just about crapped my shorts with this big feller standing that close to me for that long. Kitty comes bouncing in at about the 1:45 mark. For the full "effect" watch it on full screen mode.
scared.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cfhK5HPFkdA

That sure looks like a big bobcat to me. I agree with Bob about having one in close and not afraid. One quick leap and you'd be in big trouble. Great video!

Cool video.
The pucker factor is high!

This young tom literally sat down at my feet one afternoon.
I could have kicked him with my boot.
He stood up as I fished my camera out and got his picture.
The cat is about 6 feet from me in the pic.

oneyardbob.jpg

Outstanding video!

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobGREAT VIDEO!

Bobcats scare me when they get in close and they are not afraid of me.

Amen! That's one thing to be said for decoys; cats usually home in on the decoy.
smile.gif

Happily, the only ones I've called that close, I was in/on a vehicle. Sitting in an elevated hitch-mounted chair on my truck and using mouth call one night had a cat come right up under the chair and look up as if trying to figure out what a rabbit was doing in that tree.

Spotted this one walking across a road one day and called it right up to my truck. Last picture was taken through windshield of PU; he walked within 5-6 ft of the front bumper.

Sitting on the ground one day, this one came within 12-15 yards.

When he spotted me, he sat down and gave me his full attention for several minutes but was finally more interested in the decoy.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: CrazyHorse66Cool video.
The pucker factor is high!

This young tom literally sat down at my feet one afternoon.
I could have kicked him with my boot.
He stood up as I fished my camera out and got his picture.
The cat is about 6 feet from me in the pic.

oneyardbob.jpg

Originally Posted By: hm1996Outstanding video!

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobGREAT VIDEO!

Bobcats scare me when they get in close and they are not afraid of me.

Amen! That's one thing to be said for decoys; cats usually home in on the decoy.
smile.gif

Happily, the only ones I've called that close, I was in/on a vehicle. Sitting in an elevated hitch-mounted chair on my truck and using mouth call one night had a cat come right up under the chair and look up as if trying to figure out what a rabbit was doing in that tree.

Spotted this one walking across a road one day and called it right up to my truck. Last picture was taken through windshield of PU; he walked within 5-6 ft of the front bumper.

Sitting on the ground one day, this one came within 12-15 yards.

When he spotted me, he sat down and gave me his full attention for several minutes but was finally more interested in the decoy.

Regards,
hm

I have called them in close but nothing that close... My hats off to you fellas for getting these pics...
thumbup.gif

Great video, thanks for sharing! I love getting close to cats. My best was a nice tom I took with my bow at about 15ft. What a rush!

You have a hard time remembering those that you kill way out there, but when one slides to a stop and kicks dirt on you, THOSE are the ones you remember.

Wow, you guys have a lot calmer nerves than me. I would of crapped down both legs and probably shot in the air to get him a scootin on his way.

That is why I refuse to shoot bobcats. They are not a worthy adversary. It's like kickboxing with a 5 year old or tripping a 90 year old ladies at the local senior center.

I'll stick to coyotes. They are smart and a challenge.

Last edited:
that was so cool! he runs up, whoa! those 2 bunnies are way bigger than I thought and they smell bad! lol priceless, looked like a good spotted tom too

Last edited:
Back