My grandfathers calls

Ihateyotes

My brother just gave me our grandfathers old calls he has had put up. They are Herters still in the box with predator hunting manuals in the box with them. The third call I don't know what it is he said he has had it for 30 years. Anyone know anything about them? Thanks.

That is a true treasure. Thanks so much for sharing. I myself know nothing about them but there are some here that will. Brian

Last edited:
The Herters calls you can compare them to the ones on Ebay ---
What they call stage 2 or 3 depending on profile ---
Appears top one is stage2
Second one is stage3
From comparison pictures in " Predator Calls ". Book
Bottom one kinda has Weems profile but shoulder not quite right ---
Others here know lot more than me ---
Thx

Last edited:
Herters calls should be marked on the box or the guide as to which stage they are, although they might be mixed up... Top one is a Stage 2 it appears, the middle call a Stage 3.

I could be wrong, I'm certainly no vintage call expert, (I just collects 'em), but the bottom call would appear to be a Lohman variant of some nature.

Thanks Rudy! Looks like Rocky has it nailed down.

Both Herters average right at $25 and the Lohman is to common to fetch ya anything, price wise.

But because they belonged to your grandfather, they are priceless!!! Maybe something you can pass down some day!!!

Thanks gentlemen, Yep definitely not for sale he was very specific that they go to my little grandson because he likes to blow the calls with me and "call coyotes" lol.

Giving it to the grandson sounds like an excellent plan for it.

Want to say I have 3 of those Lohman calls in my collection, one I paid more for shipping than I paid for the call, one I think I bought for $10 - $15, the other was part of a small collection I bought. Might have to have those two linked above just for the packages though!!
grin.gif

Back