300 BLK build...

cdubya_38

Well guys, I finally made my mind up and went with the Blackout. I know I'll catch some flack from some people about this and that, but I went with what I wanted to build for me. Stripped upper receiver came from Aero Precision; barrel, BCG, charge handle and all the other upper components came from SOTA Arms. Shipping was free with orders over $300 from SOTA and it got here in less than a week. Next up is the lower receiver build. We've actually got a couple stores nearby that are carrying 300AAC ammo so I've stocked up on some until I can find time to start loading my own. Went with the Barnes VOR-TX 110 grain as I'll be using this gun primarily for whitetail. I'll post pics as soon as I'm done. Be aware, this is a budget build so it's not a show piece.

I have a couple 300 blk's also. They are a nice compact light rifle. We are using them suppressed with thermals.
The Barnes vortex round is working really well for us on hogs this summer. I think you will be pleased

Nothing wrong with the 300. I am building one myself. They tend to shine in an SBR suppressed with subsonic rounds, which make a dandy 100yrd deer rifle.

You can do a suppressed short barrel without the SBR stamp, just the suppressor stamp, by permanently mounting the suppressor to the barrel for a barrel OAl of 16+"

Which ever route you go, good luck with your build. Right now, mine is going to be a 16" carbine, all supersonic with the Barnes bullets. Will make a nice deer rifle for my daughter. My other build is a 6.8 to be my deer rifle.

Originally Posted By: msmithNothing wrong with the 300. I am building one myself. They tend to shine in an SBR suppressed with subsonic rounds, which make a dandy 100yrd deer rifle.

You can do a suppressed short barrel without the SBR stamp, just the suppressor stamp, by permanently mounting the suppressor to the barrel for a barrel OAl of 16+"

Which ever route you go, good luck with your build. Right now, mine is going to be a 16" carbine, all supersonic with the Barnes bullets. Will make a nice deer rifle for my daughter. My other build is a 6.8 to be my deer rifle.

Careful I've see a lot of kids and wives steal their husbands 6.8 after they shoot it forcing you to get another lol

LOL! I'm OK with that.
thumbup1.gif

Back