coyote hunting during my up coming trip to vegas?

Dave A

hey guys I never been west I just started predator hunting in md. I,m taking a trip to vegas for a trade show I'd love to get away for a few to try for some coyote.Can you do that in that area ? Is it safe should I have a guide, can I take a rifle on a plane , will the hotel lock up my gear?

Rifles on plane are fine, check with TSA AND your airline for their rules. I know for afact it must be a hard sided case locked and unable to be opened without unlocking. Ammo must be in its original container or a container that protects the primers (magazines are unacceptable). There is a limit to how many rounds can be in the case with the gun but they can be tossed into checked luggage no problem.

Most hotels require you to check them with security, but DADT, if your using a pelican case whos to say its not camera equipment? Keep it locked up in the room (obviously). For hunting the area i leave that up to others, im still new to the scene and hoping to make this a good season for me come sept 1 when the pups are out the den.

Any major hotel will ask what's in the case when you're checking in and they will want to keep the firearm under their control when it's in their hotel. It will be locked up until you go to get it out. I go to Las Vegas at least twice a year so I know the ropes pretty well. Without saying much more I will say that the hotel parking lots that have a check in/check out system and charge for parking also have good security. The rest you can figure out.

My advice is to call whatever airline you're flying with and get information on flying with a firearm. I do it frequently and only once did I have a problem. Someone in baggage opened my case and turned the adjustments on my scope fully clockwise. This was out of Phoenix.

Hard and locking case is required. Not sure if ammo can be in the case. Like I said, call. Save yourself some grief.

When I go to Las Vegas in the Fall I do some calling but I travel a ways to where I hunt. Several times I've been out there I've run into other callers. That area gets hit hard.

Others have asked the same question so do a search and see what you can find.

Originally Posted By: 07yzrysder im still new to the scene and hoping to make this a good season for me come sept 1 when the pups are out the den.

Pups have been out and about for a while now. Guess they lost their calendar.

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: 07yzrysder im still new to the scene and hoping to make this a good season for me come sept 1 when the pups are out the den.

Pups have been out and about for a while now. Guess they lost their calendar.

dang was going off a few people on NVS that hunt yotes. Apparently they are a genius telling anyone who asks to wait till september for the pups to be out on their own lol. Gives them a few weeks of solo hunting ARRGGGHHH.

thansk for the info

Didn't say they were on their own, but they very well could be. But they are venturing from the den solo. Some are born early and some late
Dispersal will vary depending on a lot of factors. But mainly I am saying that there isn't a magic date that every female says, its the first of September, every one out.

I have seen them solo as well. Its actually not to bad at night now. Still to hot during the day. Good luck with your trip

Back