Scored again

SteeliemonMI

Got the third of the season this morning. Nice male and made a good shot.

Got photo of decent male taken Saturday morning, August 30th. We had been sitting silent (no calling) for about 10 minutes or so. Partner just played one short burst of crows and out he steps. Probably close to 200 yards out. Did the old "One, two, three". Both pulled the triggers and obviously one or both of us hit the mark. He started with the wild spinning, we both shot again and he went down. Upon retrieval, I hit the dog with my first shot, we both missed while he was doing the spinarama but just happened to take the dirt nap at the same time we both launched our second shots. The .17 WSM did the trick again.

We saw four or five dogs from daybreak to about 8:30. The first one we saw was before light (legal shooting hours anyway) and passed about 40-50 yards in front of us. That may have been one that we could have seen twice.

Partner did kill a small one. Blew him to bits is the reality. His abdomen was pretty much completely dismantled and showed that he had been eating a tremendous amount of some sort of berry.

Do any of you have an electronic file of berries?????? Maybe I should setup a fruit stand and see what happens to come in after hours!

There are still a bunch of coyotes in the area. I need to give them a couple days off.

Another fun hunt.............they are always more fun when you are seeing animals.

Hope you all had a good Labor Day Holiday. Fall is coming fast. Get out there and have some fun!

Happy Labor Day everyone!
2014-08-30104917_zps10eefd81.jpg

Last edited:
Back