D740 vs PVS 12 4x

TV308

I've been mulling over ordering an Aquila 4x from Vic and was wondering if it will be an upgrade or downgrade in image quality from my current scope. I currently have a D740 with an ITT pinnacle tube s/n is 27.5. It is the manual gain version. Can anyone tell me how the Aquila 4x with L3 tube compares? I realize there is variance from tube to tube but generally speaking. Does the Aquila have manual gain adjustment? I realize the Aquila is a bit heavier and built for combat and am taking that into consideration as well. Experienced input appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom

Here's my experience looking through an L3 and an ITT tube side by side. I could see no difference. Now back to the scope topic. The image was pretty crisp on the Aquila 6x compared to the d760. The front lens was bigger gathering more ambient light thus a better image. So in relation if the lens is bigger on the Aquila 4x compared to the d740 lens, your gonna get a better image because your gathering more ambient light. I'm sure some professionals in the NV scope field will chime in and help us out.

L3 you can use on 308 that is a plus for many, I have a D760 and Aquila the glass in the Aquila is much better glass and it sits on my 308 for the most part. don't have any experience with the PVS12 4x but if the glass is anything like the 6x you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Loggers InnHere's my experience looking through an L3 and an ITT tube side by side. I could see no difference. Now back to the scope topic. The image was pretty crisp on the Aquila 6x compared to the d760. The front lens was bigger gathering more ambient light thus a better image. So in relation if the lens is bigger on the Aquila 4x compared to the d740 lens, your gonna get a better image because your gathering more ambient light. I'm sure some professionals in the NV scope field will chime in and help us out.

As Impact zone and the spot on post above from Loggers mentioned. The Aquila glass has some of the highest light through transmission out there. In brings in a great amount of light and has some superb contrast. Same glass used for both the 4x and 6x. Just the 6x objective is a monster as ImpactZone knows which brings in a lot of light, which is needed at 6x of course.

Hope this helps a bit more.

Vic

Just got my Aquila 4x this week and it is wicked cool! Been out walking around the yard at nights stalking rabbits and such. Got the Torch pro yesterday and it seems as bright as day with the IR. Very impressed with it so far.

Originally Posted By: Bone breaker 73Just got my Aquila 4x this week and it is wicked cool! Been out walking around the yard at nights stalking rabbits and such. Got the Torch pro yesterday and it seems as bright as day with the IR. Very impressed with it so far. get'er mounted up and let's see some fur down!

I know the Aquila is rated for .308, but can it handle a 458 SOCOM? I've seen the guys at wilson combat using the D740 on calibers higher than a 5.56...

Got an answer back on this and they are only rated up to .308

Last edited:
Back