Single pin sight?

Rammer

I've been tossing around the idea of a single pin sight. Just looking for insight/suggestions from you guys that have used them. I've always had 4-5 pin sights.

I've used a single pin movable to hunt with for many years (since the early nineties) and have never been tempted to go back to a multiple pin set up. It was an easy transition for me, shooting open class in 3D and indoor looking at multiple pins on a hunting sight just seemed cluttered.
It's even easier now that our bows have gotten so fast. With my sight set at thirty yards, I'm an inch high at twenty and three inches low at forty. I shoot the CBE Tek Hybrid and love it!

It amazed me how accurate the sight-in process and tapes are. Range the target, slide the yardage pin appropriately and as long as you hold and squeeze that arrow is going exactly right there. Easy as pie...

I traded my z7extreme last nite for a Hoyt Faktor 30 and it will have an HHA on it when I pick it up mid next week, archery shop was out of that sight so I have to wait a lil bit for the shipment to show up!

You will be happy. It does take some getting used to. It is slower also, but then again are you really in a hurry to get off a shot? So far I haven't had it be an issue.

Slower??? Is it just the sight or the entire compound bow??? If I am in a hurry I shoot my recurve. All that said...I use a Vital Gear Star Pro and I really like it. It doesn't use a wheel with tape that you can hardly see when it starts to get dark. The Star Pro has very bright fiber optic markers for the range. These type sights are called "sliders" and they don't give them away. I also used a G5 XR2 and it worked fine. There were a lot of complaints about the XR2 sights, but I didn't have any of them happen with mine. I also did away with my peep and use an Anchor Sight. Good hunting.

Well, I picked up my new bow today. Hoyt Faktor 30, QAD Ultra, HHA optimizer lite. Probably going to get some Da'Torch arrows cut up for it. Right now it is shooting my Flatlines like a laser beam.

imagejpg3_zps05aa1121.jpg

Also picked up a bow for my ol lady.....

imagejpg1_zps2c026537.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatYou will be happy. It does take some getting used to. It is slower also, but then again are you really in a hurry to get off a shot? So far I haven't had it be an issue.

I hunt whitetails in the woods from a treestand. My average shot is probably less than 20 yards in the timber. I set my HHA at 22.5 yards and I'm good to 30 yards without any adjusting or mental computing. Only one pin to focus on easy peasy. Early in the season before the acorns fall I may sit some evening stands over some conservation area food plots which offer longer shots but there is plenty of time as deer feed to range the deer and slide the sight as needed. I find it keeps me focused and helps me concentrate on my actual shooting fundamentals and less distracted watching the deer. Watching the deer is when I caught myself using the wrong pin on a multi pin sight.

If you want the best of both worlds get a moveable multi pin custom sight from Montana Black Gold. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, FYI. I ordered a custom 4 pin slider (all the up is the home position and when you move the housing down the sight tape you use the bottom pin as your aiming point) and I'm very happy. Great quality, bright fiber, great customer service. Just don't order direct thru them. Find a distributor. Direct costs more and they freely admit it because they want you to use their distributors.

Back