Thursday Morn South Ga. Yote

Stonecreek

Made a quick drop on a fresh plowed field Thursday morn. Only the second time hunting Grizz since her litter in June. Got set up and she cast to my right about 125 yards. Was going to open with a challenge call and then pup distress. Within 2 minutes of setting up I had 2 small yotes pop out behind Grizz and after a 15 second stand off she turned and was headed my way. Actually thought she was going to bring them right pass me. But as she is known to do when they closed to about 30 yards she bolted into the woods pulling both yotes in with her. She finally exited the woods still with 1 yote trailing her. The young male caught my movement as I pivoted and held up at about 75 yards and I ended up shooting a little further back than I wanted. Grizz caught the wounded yote and really thrashed him by the neck. Never seen the other one.

Just got this back free of charge from a guy that wanted to practice mounting a coyote. My wife is thrilled to have another dead animal in house.

Boss' She is an airedale I posted some pic s last year of her on yote s. Pretty fair dog. Also use a leopard cur some. Thanks. Richard

thumbup1.gif

Back