Boyds gunstocks problems?

I'm glad they took care of you.I guess I'm going to have to drop in on them for a look see as they are only about 2 miles from my summer place.

Boy did the original post hit home. I ordered my Boyds Stock on line on a Saturday evening. I was tickled to finally find a stock for my axis. Then things started turning around. I watched the youtube vid on which he clearly states the METAL trigger guard is installed when you get the stock. Then I look at the order sheet and it says plastic trigger guard. Stainless Steel guard can be ordered but doesn't say how much. Then I also start feeling like I should have ordered the butt pad too. So Monday morning at 8:05am I called them to ask about the trigger guard and change the order to include the pad. I also got the restocking fee speech and was told that the metal guards weren't available from Savage anymore. I too tried to explain that I didn't want to cancel the order but to add to the order. I also politely suggested that perhaps they should update the video to clear up the trigger guard change. All to no avail. I simply told them to keep the order unchanged and that I'd have the work done locally.
To those of you who decided to stick it to the original poster and pull your haughty BS well you can stick it. I hope your right and that the stock, when I receive it is the second coming of christ. But before you ridicule someone bringing a problem to everyone's attention perhaps give them the benefit of doubt.

Originally Posted By: RePeteLOL I'm a little confused about how someone that would buy a Savage could be offended by plastic.

Want cheese?

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: RePeteLOL I'm a little confused about how someone that would buy a Savage could be offended by plastic.

Want cheese?

Oh goodness.

Originally Posted By: ibowhunt2To those of you who decided to stick it to the original poster and pull your haughty BS well you can stick it. I hope your right and that the stock, when I receive it is the second coming of christ. But before you ridicule someone bringing a problem to everyone's attention perhaps give them the benefit of doubt.

My, kinda sensitive for a FNG, aren't we??

still waiting on mine as well,,,NO word for them at all..
I suppose the holidays might have slowed them..But seems like I would hear something....
w00t.gif

I tried altering my order online and created a new order. After trying to get in touch I've decided to cancel my order and I can't even do that. I've been calling since 8:15 their time. Tried emailing them also. I'm just going to order through someone else. I think they should get in touch with Fox Pro and have them run their customer service.

I received a reply through Facebook stating I would receive a call tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I'm a disabled vet so I'll be home. I'll just put the p.o.s bmag away until I can move it or another stock comes out. My factory stock is warped and the barrel rests against the stock. Now would be the perfect time for Boyds to upgrade their company with more personnel.

Originally Posted By: marcoI orderd my B-mag stock on Dec 17 and still no stock!! Im pissed!!!

i would cancle the order through credit card. also if they have such crap customer service i would call the bbb and if they dont want to send you stock or give you the run around call their state attorny general and file a complaint or ask for help. did they already charge your card??

Wow!!!!!! I have to say I've had nothing but Great service from Boyds---4 of my winchester's model 70's and my contender and Encore and Marlin HMR all have Boyds thumbhole stocks--All came quickly with no problems and all fit great-no problems with C-S either-Hope your problem get's solved soon --I've always reguarded them as a great company--wonder whats going on??

Last edited:
I got a call today and I cancelled my order hassle free. The young lady was polite. I asked why the issues and she said right before xmas they got swamped. She said they hoped to be back in order and caught up soon. I'll give it another try come spring.

Back