Questions for you N Dakota boys

BOBTAILS

I am be headed out there to work. What's the regulations on hunting coyotes and any good areas around Dickinson area?

Dickinson area... Ranchers out there will be glad to have you if you can get past the "Oil Field" profile. LOTS of public land an hour or so west of there in the Grasslands if you can't... http://www.fs.usda.gov/dpg/ - click on the map mid-page to enlarge. They have a Grasslands map available at the park office in Medora; you should be able to order it on-line. Oil field companies generally have better road maps available, but I'm not sure how specific they are in respect to public/private land.

Spend some time in the bars in Beach, ND or Wibaux, MT, or any of the surrounding smaller towns, visiting with the ranchers. Good people out there, most are open to outsiders if you visit with them a little and show some respect. Smaller towns are usually more open and friendly people, understand the importance of outside revenues to their community, and thus are often more open and accepting of outsiders.

Hunting regulations are found here... http://gf.nd.gov/hunting/furbearers/coyotes

Link to licensing there as well.

In a nutshell, it's pretty much open season on yotes year round. About the only restriction they have is no running them down with snowmobiles/ATVs. You can hunt them after dark, during the winter months, but no artifical light/no night vision/no thermal is allowed. Thus it's primarily a full moon sport, on snow works best but out in the shorter prairie grasses, after the grasses dry up and lose their green, snow wouldn't be altogether necessary on a bright night.

There was a bounty on them a few years back, don't know where that is anymore. That was largely backed by the ND Stockmen's Association. Not sure what sort of participation there was in the program or if Game and Fish supported the legislation that mandated their administering that program.

If you have a Garmin GPS handheld or Nuvi, I would seriously think about picking up the NDTRAX GPS map. It is going to provide you with the best road map available, public lands, private land ownership information for 26 counties, including phone numbers on approx. 50% of the records, water, wetlands, sections, TRS numbers, and more. They can be found Here. There is not a more detailed map in existence.

I am not only the owner of the company that creates these maps, but I am also a sponsor on the site, and a diehard coyote hunter. I wouldn't even begin to think about hunting ND without the NDTRAX map. Save yourself a lot of time and frustration. There are lots of coyote hunting opportunities throughout ND. Good Luck

Originally Posted By: KirschIf you have a Garmin GPS handheld or Nuvi, I would seriously think about picking up the NDTRAX GPS map. It is going to provide you with the best road map available, public lands, private land ownership information for 26 counties, including phone numbers on approx. 50% of the records, water, wetlands, sections, TRS numbers, and more. They can be found Here. There is not a more detailed map in existence.

I am not only the owner of the company that creates these maps, but I am also a sponsor on the site, and a diehard coyote hunter. I wouldn't even begin to think about hunting ND without the NDTRAX map. Save yourself a lot of time and frustration. There are lots of coyote hunting opportunities throughout ND. Good Luck

Do you or will you ever have Nebraska?

Thanks!

Tim

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSKirsch I actually have the 10 state one from you so that includes ND right?
TRAXWest+ actually has 8 states which includes: ND, MT, WY, CO, UT, AZ, NM, and NV. To answer your question, yes it does have ND. If you haven't updated in awhile, I would highly recommend it as there have been major changes in ND and MT especially.

Originally Posted By: Mr. Poppadopalis

Do you or will you ever have Nebraska?

Thanks!

Tim

At this point, we do not have a Nebraska map currently being developed. Please watch our website as our list of states can and does change.

Back